Which one is your most transparent limiter?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A.O.M Invisible Limiter.

masterhiggins wrote:Everyone's going to suggest limitless, then ozone, then Fabfilter pro-l, then voxengo elephant. Maybe I missed one.

;)

add stealth to it too though imo.

the eventhorizon that hides in Reaper
neither seen nor heard

JS:SSttillwell/eventhorizon

I was guessing that someone would would be saying the new Nugen Audio ISL 2. I have both Ozone 7 and Limitless, for me due to CPU reasons and results/transparency I go with Limitless. I have also used Voxengo Elephant. They all do a great job at what they are supposed to do!

yeah i firmly believe we are at the point with limiters where it's as good as they are going to get.

I often use the native Fruity Limiter in FL Studio. It does not color the sound. I have other limiters from Nomad, Melda and others. Melda is quite transparent as well but the limiter from Nomad gives color to the sound.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

masterhiggins wrote:Everyone's going to suggest limitless, then ozone, then Fabfilter pro-l, then voxengo elephant. Maybe I missed one.
Yeah - IKM Stealth :)

Limitless is fiddly to setup. I wish I could get good results right away from the presets but I can't - so I'm going to have to learn it in depth. In comparison I get awesome results instantly with Stealth.

Note: A free version of AOM's Invisible Limiter existed before it went bigtime. It's 32-bit but if you can track it down, it's rather good.

http://rekkerd.org/a-o-m-invisible-limi ... t-plug-in/
Last edited by MogwaiBoy on Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stillwell Audio Event Horizon.

It's so transparent for quite some time I used to overcompress mix by 10 dB or more :hihi:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DMG Limitless is so damn transparent you can often push it more than you need to without realising. I have to resist this urge sometimes and reign it back half to a dB!

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Seconding djscorb here.

Also it is not fiddly to setup, one just needs to be calm with all the settings, listen and think with A/B :)

Now.. having as good track limiter, still havent found one. Using Limiter6 for that mainly atm. Its free and good with softclip.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

SeePlusPlus wrote:the eventhorizon that hides in Reaper
neither seen nor heard

JS:SSttillwell/eventhorizon
At sensible settings, any modern limiter is "transparent", one would have to really fail in limiter design to achieve anything else. However when pushed, the JS version of Event Horizon starts to introduce nasty, audible artifacts way before Elephant, which goes into obscene extremes before breaking apart. Not that this means anything in the real world, but the JS Event Horizon just isn't anywhere near as transparent in a theoretic sense, which I guess was the point of this thread. It also can't deal with ISPs, which I find kinda important in a mastering limiter.

+1 for Toneboosters Barricade
Reliable, hasslefree, totally transparent!

What about Flux Pure Limiter? Anyone tried it against Limitless or Sonnox?

Ik Stealth

Maybe DMG

Return to “Effects”