Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wish by Infected Mushroom does NOT allow license transfers :(

4tune wrote:Just sold Garritan Personal Orchetra 4 :

Currently allow transfers and Licenses remain full and can be sold on again -- do not become NFR

There are no fees if you are a European customer, I`m not sure what fees apply if outside Europe.
Do you have any evidence of your statement? I was very surprised to hear that they "currently allow" transfers, since the Knowledge Base on Garritan.com says the following:

Question: Can I resell the Garritan product that I purchased?

Answer: As with most MakeMusic products, the license for the software cannot be transferred to another person. For more information, please follow the link below to view the EULA for your Garritan Library.

Skorpius wrote:
4tune wrote:Just sold Garritan Personal Orchetra 4 :

Currently allow transfers and Licenses remain full and can be sold on again -- do not become NFR

There are no fees if you are a European customer, I`m not sure what fees apply if outside Europe.
Do you have any evidence of your statement? I was very surprised to hear that they "currently allow" transfers, since the Knowledge Base on Garritan.com says the following:

Question: Can I resell the Garritan product that I purchased?

Answer: As with most MakeMusic products, the license for the software cannot be transferred to another person. For more information, please follow the link below to view the EULA for your Garritan Library.
I`d say what you read on the website should be the most current policy.

I sold GPO 4 from my sale thread at the similar time to writing that post.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&t=430443

I`ve seen conflicting comments from people on the forum since then, but as ever best to contact their support for confirmation. Obviously my transfer was allowed at that time.

I can dig out emails but it`s fairly pointless if their policy has changed or my transfer was an exception.

I`ll update my original post in case it is causing confusion.
Last edited by 4tune on Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--double post

Breeze wrote:As of August 2013, Plugin Alliance transfer rules are (just got this reply today):
If you want to transfer Plugin Alliance licenses to a buyer, this is what we need:

- The buyer needs to have an account opened and active at http://www.plugin-alliance.com

- The buyer will need to pay a $20 fee per plugin to be transferred to his account.

- We need the buyers first name, last name and the email address of his EXISTING account.

- We need the same info from you and your account.
So unusually, the onus is on the buyer to pay for the transfer, instead of the seller. That's a little odd...

**Udate: Plugin Alliance support confirms that transferred licenses remain full licenses.
Add your local VAT to the 20$ !

plexuss wrote:What about Cableguys? I can't find any details.
I think there is simplicity. It binds to the mailbox. You can change the mailbox and transfer the account password. It is my guess.

soundstudio wrote:
plexuss wrote:What about Cableguys? I can't find any details.
I think there is simplicity. It binds to the mailbox. You can change the mailbox and transfer the account password. It is my guess.
Cableguys allows license transfers. Many licenses have been sold here, and I have purchased one or two myself. I don't remember if the previous owner had to pay a transfer fee (but I don't think so). The software becomes NFR afterwards though.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Was just thinking to myself that if Waves stopped doing transfers, this subforum would be half empty :hihi:
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Sun May 15, 2016 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Was just thinking to myself that if Waves stopped doing transfers, this subforum would have half empty :hihi:
And if Slate stopped, this would be a ghost town...

Quick note on a bug in the NI license transfer system I found out the hard way (after spending two hours on the phone with NI tech support). During the time you have licenses "in transfer" using NI's transfer ID system, you cannot activate other NI licenses. NI Service Center will crash during the activation process (on a Mac, not sure what it does on a PC).
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

bigjerome wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Was just thinking to myself that if Waves stopped doing transfers, this subforum would have half empty :hihi:
And if Slate stopped, this would be a ghost town...
On the other side, I have purchased around 30 plugins through the market place, none of them were Waves or Slate :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

mgw38 wrote:Quick note on a bug in the NI license transfer system I found out the hard way (after spending two hours on the phone with NI tech support). During the time you have licenses "in transfer" using NI's transfer ID system, you cannot activate other NI licenses. NI Service Center will crash during the activation process (on a Mac, not sure what it does on a PC).
Same thing on PC, and it took a few emails back and forth before the NI support mentioned that.

Anyone know anything about Wide Blue Sounds (Orbit & Eclipse) license transfers?

Thanks!

Hi.
I was wondering about Roland license transfers and fees...
Anyone knows ?

Is it right that i can transfer sevaral ilok-licenses at a time to 1 new Account (Ilok-ID) and have to pay max 50?
How does this work?
I don`t want to pay each license transfer separatly!
Thanks for answers

Edit:I didn`t know that you only have to mark all Licenses you wish to transfer and then click the transfer-button. Easy and over.
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”