Omnisphere Ferox from The Unfinished - coming soon...

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Omnisphere Ferox is a collection of 300 patches for Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.

Inspired by the cinematic work by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, Ferox features an eclectic blend of analogue, hybrid acoustic, dark and distorted textures, rhythms, sequences and atmospheres. A brooding, eerie, shadowy, noisy, swarming soundset designed to get under your skin.

The dark and mysterious modern tones of their film scores for Gone Girl and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo supply the canvas on which Omnisphere Ferox has been created. There are also hints of the brooding pulses and textured acoustic aura of Johann Johannson‘s scores for Sicario, Prisoners and the Icelandic TV series Trapped. Nods to the work of Dave Porter (Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul), Ben Frost (Fortitude) and Clark‘s Lost Panthers can also be found lurking in Ferox’s darkest corners.

Omnisphere Ferox is full of lo-fi drumloops, ghostly mallets, crumbling analogue synth riffs, drifting modular leads, haunted pianos, warm synth pads, damaged acoustic basses, gritty basses, disturbing ambience, fractured strings, odd synth noises, broken retro machines, melancholy soundscapes and curious hybrid instruments.

With 300 patches, there is a huge amount of sonic flexibility within Ferox and a variety of musical applications on offer. Not just the Reznor/Ross sound, this soundset is also great for horror, ambient, even music with a folksy touch, due its subtle nods towards Nordic and Western sounds. Go all out with just the analogue synth sounds, or keep it real with the hybrid acoustic elements; or blend the two.

As ever, this release features intricately configured and useful programming on the modwheel, to bring extra life and dynamism to the sounds.

This Omnisphere soundset uses no external audio sources or original samples, but you will need to own the latest version of Omnisphere 2 (v2.2) for the patches to load correctly.

Omnisphere Ferox is now on sale for £39.99 + VAT.

Walkthrough Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG73yHyIB5s

Demo Tracks

https://soundcloud.com/the-unfinished/s ... emo-tracks

Teaser Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmdLvV2XLuY
Last edited by synaesthesia on Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Matt's on fire!

I think I want this soundset.

Really great trailer ! :tu:
Love it
Congrats on your excellent work MATT.

Fred :D

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Have updated the original post with much more detail and also with the walkthrough video and demo tracks - all demo tracks are created only using Omnisphere Ferox sounds, no other samples, recordings or synths used.

Amazing sounds Matt, wishing you good luck for tomorrow!

Cheers,
Adrian.

Sounds beautiful.
Great scope and detail :tu:

Omnisphere Ferox is now on sale!

A little reminder that today's the last day you can use the Newsletter discount code to get 20% off Omnisphere Ferox.

Many thanks to those who have already grabbed a copy and made it one of my best sellers! :love:

I have all of The Unfinished's Omni soundsets - the entire Horizon series, Humankind and Capricorn. Excellent patches. So this was a no-brainer. Unfortunately Ferox is a massive disappointment.

I've never come across such a useless collection of limp buzzings. Patch after patch of thin detuned unplayable scrapings. It's like something a random patch generator throws at you, but without anything truly weird or creative.

Another problem is the patch names: just silly random words that have absolutely no relation to the sound. What's the point? They may as well just be be numbered 1 to 300. It's lazy programming.

Instead of Ferox I encourage you to check out The Unfinished's other soundsets. The Horizon series in particular include some of the best sounds to be found for Omni.

Well, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

I've had numerous emails and messages from customers saying that Ferox is their favourite soundset so far. So, what can you do eh?! :shrug:

Also, whilst you every right to have a free opinion on my work, I think coming into the thread that I started, announcing its release, to make those specific comments is pretty poor form and an unpleasant thing to do.

You could easily have started your own thread to do so.

Now, I don't mind so much as Ferox has been my best selling soundset ever. But for smaller, newer guys doing sound design this could massively damage their sales and/or reputation and I think that criticism of developers/sound designers work, whilst necessary and relevant, is best kept to separate threads than ones started by those developers/sound designers themselves. Especially when it's such a subjective matter, rather than pointing out a fault or a bug etc.

It's a bit rude.

Return to “Soundware”