Arturia B3 V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Impressions? let's hear them...

tristan- wrote:Impressions? let's hear them...
To me, not much of a difference compared to the years and years old b3 from native instruments. Nothing new or better, imho.

However, i am not an organist, so i can't get into details that much...

I listened to the Arturia to see if it was any better than vb3 tonewheel organ but not even close imo. Too clean
Last edited by dblock on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

its decent. the others mentioned above would be my preferences, but neither of them are 64 bit, so... it'll work. nothing horrible about it.

I'm wondering about the leslie emulation. I'm very much satisfied with NI's Vintage Organs which actually sounds very good and "quick". I'm not sure how should I explain a "quick" sound - but for a sampled instrument NI's VO is pretty accurate. but it doesn't match the sound of the Nord clonewheel! I wish someone would take the B3 emulation to the next level already.

BTW, I'm using lots of hardware and I'm not really completely satisfied with any of the emulations I have. The Kurzweil KB3 is awesome! but the leslie emulation is.. well.. let's say it's better than nothing.

tristan- wrote:I'm wondering about the leslie emulation. I'm very much satisfied with NI's Vintage Organs which actually sounds very good and "quick". I'm not sure how should I explain a "quick" sound - but for a sampled instrument NI's VO is pretty accurate. but it doesn't match the sound of the Nord clonewheel! I wish someone would take the B3 emulation to the next level already.

NI's Vintage Organs is, while not itself great, nonetheless much better than Arturia's B3. I don't know why Arturia even bothered...$$ I guess. It sounds thin and unimpressive. There are numerous plugins / libraries already available that do a far better job.

But I agree with you, nobody has nailed it yet, I'm still waiting for the next level virtual B3....

(and if anybody is thinking of replying with a link to that 32bit joke that can't even be run inside Logic Pro, think again!)

Why not download the free demo? (20 mins playing time per session)
(IMHO, B3-V gets a lot of unwarranted bad press (especially here).
All software emulations have their strong and weak points, so it really depends upon what kind of use you intend.
(and as regards "too clean", experiment with the advanced settings ;) )
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

I think it's pretty good. Different than VB3, but still good. As Vic points out, experiment with the advanced settings. Also, if you still think it's too clean, don't forget to check the volume levels of the instrument and the volume pedal position.

I'm not sure I like the key click, or at least, I'm not sure it's better than VB3. And I can't for the life of me figure out why they didn't model the pedals. Last complaint: the GUI. The drawbars are distant and at a tough angle to read, and some of the switches are too small too. I don't like that they put these instruments in virtual rooms making the parameters much smaller than they have any right being.

I'd love to use it with the PSP Leslie to see how that combo sounds but haven't had a chance yet. So all in all, I think it's much better than it gets credit for too.

Note: the Farfisa and Vox Continental are amazing. Those still have UI issues too IMO, but sound dead on and amazing.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Note: the Farfisa and Vox Continental are amazing. Those still have UI issues too IMO, but sound dead on and amazing.
Yeah..in love with farfisa in particular. Awesome sound!

exmatproton wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Note: the Farfisa and Vox Continental are amazing. Those still have UI issues too IMO, but sound dead on and amazing.
I've got a Farfisa VIP 255 (the same model John Paul Jones used on Zeppelin's Dancing Days and tours) that needs to be recapped and is currently in a non-functioning state. That said, the right-hand stops/buttons on the Arturia Farfisa sound exactly like my memory of non-functioning VIP. It's so good that getting the VIP 255 recapped is no longer a priority (except perhaps for cool points) as the software does that sound so well.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
I've got a Farfisa VIP 255 (the same model John Paul Jones used on Zeppelin's Dancing Days and tours) that needs to be recapped and is currently in a non-functioning state. That said, the right-hand stops/buttons on the Arturia Farfisa sound exactly like my memory of non-functioning VIP. It's so good that getting the VIP 255 recapped is no longer a priority (except perhaps for cool points) as the software does that sound so well.
Awesome. Since i never played on a real hw version, i'll have to take your word on that, but even if won't even come close to the original, it is awesome. From straight organ type sounds, to weird, even glitchy sounds. Fun softsynth for sure!

Yeah, but that's only because they bought out someone else's algorithm, someone who nailed it in the first place. The same can't be said for the rest of the line.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote:
Yeah, but that's only because they bought out someone else's algorithm, someone who nailed it in the first place. The same can't be said for the rest of the line.
I hope they'll get the algos for the Virus TI or the Nord clonewheels than! :D

Return to “Instruments”