Tracktion released BioTek Synthesizer Plugin (Sound Designer Edition now available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BioTek 2

CM most def brought the knifes out for their latest issue (230)

Roland Sound Canvas is also butchered, only get 5/10 rating

I didn't like the demo.

-Too expensive. A 60 buck host, a 125 dollar synth. No.
-The demo is insane. They doubled the ocean and everytime you touch something the pop-up appears.
-Love the rhythm aspect, but since the pop up makes it so hard to test it, was hard to test it.

I have no dog in this race - I'm just providing an FYI here. But I just learned today that there is a major upgrade to Biotek in the works - release maybe a month or so off. If I understand correctly, the many of the severely negative issues will be addressed - most specifically, user programmable sounds. So, be a little bit of patience might be appropriate.

dmbaer wrote:I have no dog in this race - I'm just providing an FYI here. But I just learned today that there is a major upgrade to Biotek in the works - release maybe a month or so off. If I understand correctly, the many of the severely negative issues will be addressed - most specifically, user programmable sounds. So, be a little bit of patience might be appropriate.
That's really good to hear. I wrote a less than favorable review on Gearslutz, and really felt like Biotek just missed the mark in a lot of ways. That said, if some of the behind the scenes parameters were exposed, letting users create and tweak sounds, I might feel very differently about it. Hope they let us customize the install locations too!

dmbaer wrote:I have no dog in this race - I'm just providing an FYI here. But I just learned today that there is a major upgrade to Biotek in the works - release maybe a month or so off. If I understand correctly, the many of the severely negative issues will be addressed - most specifically, user programmable sounds. So, be a little bit of patience might be appropriate.
Or a little bit of communication? Rumors are cheap. Its not like they have anything to lose at this point.

wasi wrote:
Or a little bit of communication? Rumors are cheap. Its not like they have anything to lose at this point.
+1 to this.

A little indication of what's going on might help to assuage some fears for potential buyers, and also address any concerns people might have about devs listening to feedback.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

CM 3 out of 10. I agree. Too limited and too expensive.
If you want a Wolfram Franke synth Largo would be a better buy on sale at NI.

That's good news for those who already have bought a license for it :)

CM award Tracktion 7 a 9/10 rating in issue 231, so they don't that Tracktion, only Biotek :D

kiezum wrote:CM 3 out of 10. I agree. Too limited and too expensive.
If you want a Wolfram Franke synth Largo would be a better buy on sale at NI.
Bought CM yesterday, I was really surprised by this low score! It certainly contradict the people saying that CM only gives good score! I think that if it would have been priced lower, CM wouldn't have been so hard on it. This kind of review will hurt their sale for sure, so it's not something CM can do for no good reasons.

It's getting much better now with the full engine being opened as a free update https://youtu.be/W5jjDadHDNw
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Very cool. Wasn't expecting them to get this updated so quickly. This is a very nice update indeed. Generous of them to not increase the price and release the update for free.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Very cool. Wasn't expecting them to get this updated so quickly. This is a very nice update indeed. Generous of them to not increase the price and release the update for free.
How often do users have to pay for a v1.1 update?

Numanoid wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Very cool. Wasn't expecting them to get this updated so quickly. This is a very nice update indeed. Generous of them to not increase the price and release the update for free.
How often do users have to pay for a v1.1 update?
I think what Funkybot rather meant is that they give away the update which opens the engine fully for free is generous.

Well it is quite obvious that Tracktion needed to do something extravagant to rescue BioTek and charging extra for that would just have been another nail in the coffin

Return to “Instruments”