Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

So. I've just started to install Omnisphere on my laptop. How many days can I expect this process to take?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Question: Can user samples be loaded into Innerspace?

deastman wrote:Question: Can user samples be loaded into Innerspace?
No.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:
No.
That's a shame. Isn't it just a very basic convolution reverb? I hope they add user samples as impulses in a future update.

deastman wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote:
No.
That's a shame. Isn't it just a very basic convolution reverb? I hope they add user samples as impulses in a future update.
Umm... no, its not a reverb of any kind. It's more like a morphing tool, which uses convolution technology.

They did say somewhere that the way Innerspace works is kind of strange and unpredictable, with a large number of samples they tried in development producing essentially unusable results. The included samples were chosen because they can produce useful results. Personally, the lack of being able to use custom samples in Innerspace doesn't bother me a single jot.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:
deastman wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote:
No.
Umm... no, its not a reverb of any kind. It's more like a morphing tool, which uses convolution technology.

They did say somewhere that the way Innerspace works is kind of strange and unpredictable, with a large number of samples they tried in development producing essentially unusable results. The included samples were chosen because they can produce useful results. Personally, the lack of being able to use custom samples in Innerspace doesn't bother me a single jot.
Thanks for the info. I haven't really been following much of this too closely, having only now finally decided to take the Omnisphere plunge. I'm really impressed with it so far!

mwalthius wrote:As it stands now, I am looking to sell several of my hardware pieces and invest in an Integra-7, which probably has a lot of Eric's legacy sounds in it, too.
I'd love an Integra-7 inspired expansion pack for Omnisphere. Or better yet, have it as a free update. :wink: I would never ever ask for anything more after that. I'd be set for life. :lol: :party:

cwig wrote:On the opening screen, what does "Satellites" mean?
Snap1.jpg
I can't find any mention of this anywhere, I'd like to know too? Are they planning a distributed cpu management system with nodes on other computers?

aMUSEd wrote:
Snap1.jpg
I can't find any mention of this anywhere, I'd like to know too? Are they planning a distributed cpu management system with nodes on other computers?
I have all 3 spectrasonics products (Omni, Trilian, RMX) My Omni screen shows "Trilian" as a satellite, and the Trillian patches are available in Omni, so my guess would be that the Satellites are showing the available stand-alone Spectrasonics instruments that are integrated with Omni.

ToneCarver wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Snap1.jpg
I have all 3 spectrasonics products (Omni, Trilian, RMX) My Omni screen shows "Trilian" as a satellite, and the Trillian patches are available in Omni, so my guess would be that the Satellites are showing the available stand-alone Spectrasonics instruments that are integrated with Omni.
Oh that's a pity

how much is appropriate to sell omnisphere 2 for?

i will be selling it in about 2 weeks time.

€250 i would say.

it's £285 in uk. so £200 you reckon? or less?

i don't think the second buyer is allowed to sell it on though, that's the only thing... i am going to confirm that.

£85 saving is a good saving as long as you never want to sell it... i think.

deastman wrote:So. I've just started to install Omnisphere on my laptop. How many days can I expect this process to take?
You're probably about done now, right?

deastman wrote:So. I've just started to install Omnisphere on my laptop. How many days can I expect this process to take?
Just loaded omni on my pc yesterday some process took about 30 min. Btw loving it so far

Return to “Instruments”