One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@BJ Porter. I say Repro is a great synth. It will be harder because every track must most likely be bounced into wav files, or else only 3 or 4 instances can be used :P ..i tried it before. But then I wonder how you can check those submissions if you should request to do so? Checking a wav file (or 20+) and judge that all of them are from Repro will be hard and it's easy to cheat. Having said that I am very confident that no one is a cheater around here. OSC is the nicest place in KVR :D ..but for the sake of things I just wanted to mention it
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:@BJ Porter. I say Repro is a great synth. It will be harder because every track must most likely be bounced into wav files, or else only 3 or 4 instances can be used :P ..
What I would do would be this : make a track with another synth, but using similar sounds like Repro, then , when it's almost finished, replace everything with instances of Repro.

ATN69 wrote:@BJ Porter. I say Repro is a great synth. It will be harder because every track must most likely be bounced into wav files, or else only 3 or 4 instances can be used :P ..i tried it before. But then I wonder how you can check those submissions if you should request to do so? Checking a wav file (or 20+) and judge that all of them are from Repro will be hard and it's easy to cheat. Having said that I am very confident that no one is a cheater around here. OSC is the nicest place in KVR :D ..but for the sake of things I just wanted to mention it
Technically, one should freeze the tracks, so everything can be replicated without wav files.

Tested memory consumption of Helm (32bit) on my netbook.
~90 mb per plugin :?

------------------------------------
typed on a hot netbook ;-)

Deleted
Last edited by marks-a-whybikky on Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Any of you interested in doing a HG Fortune month? Perhaps Anvilia (http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=587)?

A lot people have been wanting one

woops wrong thread

So, I had to do a memory test with Helm... in Bitwig, it ends up taking the host up~70 MB on OSX. At first I thought it was much less, but In fact, I'm an idiot. However, please note: many things don't start freeing memory until they reach a certain threshold. I don't know what it might be with your host / os combination...

oh btw as a side note
The track I made with Podolski I actually started with Helm (0.6).
Just to see how far I could go. I didn't check any ram issues then. Also cpu went up to 35% 50% max with 15 odd instances of Helm. So for me that's good.

HG Fortune: that is long overdue isn't it ?

Krakli is churning out plugins lately. Somehow he chose to host and publish them in a closed facebook group but I read he's not too picky about the distribution of the plugins. So if we do one with those plugins I guess we can host it somewhere with easy access to all.

PG8X is now version 2 ... just saying

Still on my list :
Synister: truly cross platform. But Taron hates is ;-)

Ivor2: microtonal, would be interesting to see what people can do with that.

Brainstormer: as with HG; the developer past away, would be a great homage.

Nightlife would be a kickass synth, but 32 bit Win only.

z.prime wrote:So, I had to do a memory test with Helm... in Bitwig, it ends up taking the host up~70 MB on OSX. At first I thought it was much less, but In fact, I'm an idiot. However, please note: many things don't start freeing memory until they reach a certain threshold. I don't know what it might be with your host / os combination...
Free ram is wasted ram !
16q7pq.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

A while ago a guy posted here in KVR that he wanted people to make presets for a new synth. So I made some presets. I don't know what is the plan for this synth. viewtopic.php?p=6466382

It looks to be free: http://infected-sounds.se/products/

It worked fine for me and I did not experience any bugs. The potential problem for some might be that it is 32-bit and I don't know if there is any 64-bit version. Perhaps there is. I just wanted to mention this one anyway.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:[Gasolina] ... looks to be free: http://infected-sounds.se/products/
It worked fine for me and I did not experience any bugs. The potential problem for some might be that it is 32-bit and I don't know if there is any 64-bit version. Perhaps there is. I just wanted to mention this one anyway.
32-bit Windows only. Not a showstopper, but a limitation that will exclude some participants (me! :-P ).

z.prime wrote:
ATN69 wrote:[Gasolina] ... looks to be free: http://infected-sounds.se/products/
32-bit Windows only. Not a showstopper, but a limitation that will exclude some participants (me! :-P ).
Yeah, then its not a good idea. Too bad though because this synth is good.

Wouldn't be the first time for windows-only 32-bit synths, not a big issue.

I want everyone to be able to participate of course :) ..and there is no OSC without that Yellow and Black Z - logo :D

There are several others also 64-bit but I didn't try them.

Return to “Instruments”