Problems with Shreddage II

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shreddage 2: Absolute Electric Guitar

HI there,

I have just recently bought Shreddage II V3.19 and I am having fun with it. Man, this library is a real powerhouse. The manual cleared a lot of questions and is really useful for a Newbie like me.

However there are a few things that I am still struggling with although I have looked all over the place for answers.

1.) First of all I can't move the keyswitches higher than E0. I'd rather put them at the top "above" the range because my keyboard ends at A-1. However the drop-down menu at the Articulation page doesn't go further than E0.

2.) The velocity thing doesn't work properly. By default Sustain is at Velocity 60-127, muted is at Vel 1-59 and pinch is at vel 127-127. So according to the manual the setting is alright but I can't hear a difference. :? It just works if I use keyswitches.

3.) Why does the Portamento work just sometimes? I am not really sure what I am doing wrong here, because I set a keyswitch for Portamento and hold it and proceed according to the manual: Press a key, hold it and Press a second key. I hear the second note but no portamento. As a result the “Extra Pick” is not working either.

Desperately looking for an answer,
many greetings,
Markus

Hey Markus,

1. Yes, the current max keyswitch is E0 as overlapping them (potentially) with actual playable keys is problematic in Kontakt. Can you use oct -/+ buttons to go lower, or use the piano roll in your DAW to switch?

2. You can't hear a difference between mutes and sustain? Is it possible your controller is not sending velocity properly? Consider sequencing in your DAW with defined velocity levels to confirm...

3. Check that you are not missing any files by looking at the total file size of the Shreddage 2 folder. It should be around 3GB. Also if you hold the note for awhile and then play the 2nd note, the volume of the transition will be naturally quieter. Another possibility: if the first note is very short, the slide may not trigger either. Lastly, if you have hammer-on and portamento velocity ranges overlapping, hammer will take precedence.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Thank you so much for your answer @zircon.

I have checked velocity. It is fine with everything else. I have libraries where volume or other things
are triggered by velocity and they work fine.

Library is at 3GB so it should be complete.

Portamento seems to work "better" when I don't use the effects in Shreddage but use Guitar Rig.

I will try out your suggestions. Thank you
Markus

Return to “Impact Soundworks”