three years and I still don't know what genre to produce, how the heck do you guys choose?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dude, whatever floats your boat. Wonder why you ask yourself which genre to choose then though, if you don't give a f*** what genre you are anyway.

Here's my take on it, I simply make music and it is what it is.

To me, Genre = Label = too many rules!

Make the music you like, then just let the listener decide if they want to "Genre-ize" it.

That's the trouble with us humans, we tend to want to categorize everything, and sometimes even waste out time in doing so.
When what we should be doing is just enjoying the music and our time making it.

Of course, I could just be full of it and talking out my arse!
Digital Studio: Studio One Pro 3, and too many plugins to list
Tools: '09 Epi' Dot Studio, '10 Epi' Les Paul Studio, '97 Fender Strat, 2015 PRS SE Standard 24, Martin OMC-18E.
Toys: Peavey Solo, Crate GFX30, VOX AD30VT, Digitech RP500, Line 6 HD500X

First time ever I agree with chk071. :P
If it is not about profit/fame, then the question is inherently weird.

I see OP's edit, and I am sorry to have been hurtful to someone who maybe really is invested beyond an interest in money and fame. But now I just dont understand.

Lets say the same question/decision was happening in a vacuum. Lets say OP had the same passion and ability, but the music was to be created alone, and only heard by OP, and never distributed, or even known to exist, ever. Would that alter the scenario in any way? If so, how?

Im not trolling. I dont anticipate what the answer to that question might be.
I dont begrudge someone who says "How do I get paid to do this?", but I just dont understand someone who claims a real passion that is spread so evenly they ask strangers to guide it.

Is OP still around? Does anyone understand this?
ImageImageImageImage

It's amazing how much confusion marketing has caused. Would an artist need to ask this question or would he just be compelled to create?

I never realised we had to place ourselves in boxes; I'm sure others will do that fast enough for us.

highkoo wrote:If it is not about profit/fame, then the question is inherently weird.
Exactly. That's probably also why i don't get this thing at all, or zenophilix's replies.

Btw, first time you agree with me? Am i so non-agreeable with? :?

Looks like the OP has done one anyway *

*a dissappearing act

:oops:
chk071 wrote:Am i so non-agreeable with? :?
No, I am. :)
We are all special snowflakes. We dont need to agree.
ImageImageImageImage

HREQ wrote:Metal has always just been underground pretty much.
Guess you've never been in Skandinavia :roll:

Four years OP!
What are you doing now?
Accounting? Laying tile? Web Development..?
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:Four years OP!
What are you doing now?
Still thinking about the best genre to produce? ;)

I hope he has at least tried one of each. :)

Imagine how many genres have been created in those four years!
Youre runnin behind OP, but on the bright side, you are probably safe to just invent your own! :tu:
ImageImageImageImage

thecontrolcentre wrote:
highkoo wrote:Four years OP!
What are you doing now?
Still thinking about the best genre to produce? ;)
Thinking about a name now...
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=487249&p=6820455#p6820455

Oh right!
Im working on my first Ham Doctor album next weekend!
ImageImageImageImage

Never came to mind... what genre? Started on basic piano shit then jazz and rock and now whatever. Made this alias to put out shit I don't want associated with my career. Just getting it figured out right? Making new noises... most will be complete shit. Some maybe not. Have a name you want clean and a name you give no f*cks about. That's how I do it.

I make all sorts of music,trance to hiphop to dnb,to styles that i dont even know what they are,but i like them and enjoying bopping away to them so they work for me.i just mess and what comes out comes out,somedays ya have different moods.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”