Waves Codex Wavetable Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Codex Wavetable Synth

Yeah the do have good support in my experience. Very quick and responsive

maybe i dont get to demo it :( but i could get it for around 30 bucks, is it recommendable even if you have SERUM which i absolutely love?
can you do some wicked automations and nice low end atmospheric sounds with different waves?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Proud of myself that I manage to resist the $29 GAS :borg:

If you want to get :nutter: with the hazzle of installation, activation, searching for your vst versions.....have bought it for the 30 euro but would never have done it a second time. I dont have serum, just could say it took lots of cpu for not THAT special sounds. Same cpu on Iris and you have something really special. It has nice motion in the sounds I must admit and lot of not so bad presets, yeah, if it was a normal vst, unpacking, loading, enter serial, play....just my two cents...

Numanoid wrote:Proud of myself that I manage to resist the $29 GAS :borg:
Could not sleep for two days, now I got it, will never use it but I got it.

tatanka wrote:If you want to get :nutter: with the hazzle of installation, activation, searching for your vst versions.....have bought it for the 30 euro but would never have done it a second time. I dont have serum, just could say it took lots of cpu for not THAT special sounds. Same cpu on Iris and you have something really special. It has nice motion in the sounds I must admit and lot of not so bad presets, yeah, if it was a normal vst, unpacking, loading, enter serial, play....just my two cents...

yeah because every single user runs into those problems... :roll:
Last edited by ATS on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

...and users can't even manage to load into their Waves account :hihi:

I bought it, serial came minutes later, registered it, reran license center and voila. easy peasy lemon squeezy.

I find it works great layered with Spire and/or Sylenth. fills in the sound since it is a bit dense spatially and midrangey.

VitaminD wrote:I bought it, serial came minutes later, registered it, reran license center and voila. easy peasy lemon squeezy.

I find it works great layered with Spire and/or Sylenth. fills in the sound since it is a bit dense spatially and midrangey.
I just bought my first waves plugins in many years (bit of a story, but.. whatever).

Installation/activation process was exceptionally easy. I wish everything was this simple.

VitaminD wrote: I find it works great layered with Spire and/or Sylenth. fills in the sound since it is a bit dense spatially and midrangey.
I bought REDD as I already have the synths. It goes really well with Codex! They might release Codex 2 with REDD effect built in :wink:

But I agree that layering it with another synth (in my case Dune 2) gives a big full sound :)

I have both, and while I like Serum more, for this price I recommend getting it. Note it does have trouble running in some DAWs, like Numerology.
Caine123 wrote:maybe i dont get to demo it :( but i could get it for around 30 bucks, is it recommendable even if you have SERUM which i absolutely love?
can you do some wicked automations and nice low end atmospheric sounds with different waves?

I bought just the Codex from the Waves summer sale - mainly because I don´t have any wavetable synth before this, and I like the idea of creating and using own samples as the wavetables.

A quick demo after first 30 minutes: I have used in this test two wavetable-samples, man voice ("Can you feel my codex, Baby") and the woman scream.

You can hear both of the orginal samples and same samples as waveforms created by the Codex synth. Codex sort of deconstructed the voice print of the sample and creates something which "follows" the waveform original sample - the low "instrument" is man voice manipulated by the Codex and the high "instrument" is womans voice manipulated by the Codex.

https://soundcloud.com/harry_mccloud/ca ... l-my-codex

rrichard63 wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:I had to use a program (the name of which I have unfortunately forgotten) to extract the VST from the Waveshell malarkey, before I could get FL Studio to recognise it, (and then it worked perfectly), but that was over a year ago, and I know that FL Studio 12 has better VST management now than it did then (i.e. you can select multiple folders to scan). Does anybody know the name of the 'extraction' program I am talking about? I'm not at my home PC at the moment, and even if I was, I can't guarantee I could find it.
Are you on Windows. If so, it might be called SHELL2VST? Google that name and you'll find links to the download. You'll also find how-to articles that suggest how to make it work properly (hint: a bunch of file permissions have to be set exactly right).
Yes, thanks for that, that's the program I used, SHELL2VST. I don't think I had to do any file permissions though, I think I just used SHELL2VST to separate the Codex VST from the Waveshell, and then FL Studio found the VST without any problems.

..and who would have thought it eh, Waves extended the sale :o

Now comes the real GAS test :scared:

12hrs...must resist :shock:

*edit*
Arse, GAS at $25 from Audiodeluxe :borg:

*edit2*
Pleased I caved in. Definitely has a different tone to my other WT plugs, and the factory presets are very good....all for the price of a soundset 8)
Last edited by db3 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”