Any AAS Tasman 5 news?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AAS are the devil!

I have time to time contact with them and last what I have heard is that the release plan is for 2016 but it's a lot of work because the technology behind Tassman 5 is very high. All our hope to AAS that the update comes in 2016 :)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:I have time to time contact with them and last what I have heard is that the release plan is for 2016 but it's a lot of work because the technology behind Tassman 5 is very high. All our hope to AAS that the update comes in 2016 :)
Well, 2016 is half over. My money says that if we're LUCKY, we'll see a Tassman 5 in 2018, if at all.

But it puzzles the hell out of me how people can be so optimistic after 10 years.

Actually, it boggles my mind.

wagtunes wrote:
MillerSam wrote:I have time to time contact with them and last what I have heard is that the release plan is for 2016 but it's a lot of work because the technology behind Tassman 5 is very high. All our hope to AAS that the update comes in 2016 :)
Well, 2016 is half over. My money says that if we're LUCKY, we'll see a Tassman 5 in 2018, if at all.

But it puzzles the hell out of me how people can be so optimistic after 10 years.

probably has something to do with them saying it will be updated last and now everything else has been updated...
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

probably has something to do with them saying it will be updated last and now everything else has been updated...
So if they start development now, how many years do you think it will take them to come up with a working version 5 and then get all the serious bugs out of that?

wagtunes wrote:
ATS wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

So if they start development now, how many years do you think it will take them to come up with a working version 5 and then get all the serious bugs out of that?

not sure...
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

AAS regularly give updates to their roadmap, and to quote from their website,
"the AAS team has spent the last year mastering the art of efficiently working at a lightning fast pace, and having a whole lot of fun doing it!"
This thread reminds me to play Tassman more often, it has such incredible timbres.... :love:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Tassman really does sound good. I've had it since Tassman 2, but haven't used it for a while.
Loaded it back up again recently and it sounds just as good as I remembered it.

I paid full price for it a long time ago, I think it was $349 when I got it.
That sale they have for $99 going on now seems like a super deal, even if it is a it clunky to try to make new sounds.
It's worth it even if you just use it as a preset machine.
https://www.applied-acoustics.com/tassman/overview/

felis wrote:Tassman really does sound good. I've had it since Tassman 2, but haven't used it for a while.
Loaded it back up again recently and it sounds just as good as I remembered it.

I paid full price for it a long time ago, I think it was $349 when I got it.
That sale they have for $99 going on now seems like a super deal, even if it is a it clunky to try to make new sounds.
https://www.applied-acoustics.com/tassman/overview/
If I remember correctly, it's 32 bit, right?

no 32 and 64 Native.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:no 32 and 64 Native.
Thanks. I remember demoing it a while ago. Had a very difficult time seeing the GUI. Very small modules. And the filter seemed to have some king of screeching glitch in it. Can't explain it. Anyway, at $349 at the time, no way was I getting it with those problems. At $99, not sure. Still hate the GUI. Wish they'd at least update that much.

Doubt I will get it now either.

felis wrote: That sale they have for $99 going on now seems like a super deal, even if it is a it clunky to try to make new sounds.
Yes. The factory presets have a wide range of really unique timbres from drum to organ, and there are many free user presets. Good manual too, plus the PM algorithms change the sound a lot with a few tweaks.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

as far as i remember, the first release of Tassman was from the last decade of last millennium ?

:P

In 2000. It was the first commercial PM synth. Impressive founders.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

wagtunes wrote:
If I remember correctly, it's 32 bit, right?

I'm using it on Windows 10 with 64 bit Cubase.
The installer had you pick places for 32 and 64 VST Plugins.
The site says this about Tassman:

"...PC compatibility

VST 32-/64-bit, RTAS, and AAX Native plug-in hosts
ASIO, WDM, DirectSound audio drivers..."

How can you tell if a vsti is 32 or 64 bit? - Addressed to anyone here who knows.
Most of my older (V.5) N. I. Komplete programs won't show up there.

I always thought the Yamaha VL1 was the first commercial modelling synth - 1994.
http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/bla ... vl1-634920
Could be wrong though - maybe AAS was just under the radar for me at that time.

Return to “Instruments”