One Synth Challenge #89: Tunefish4 by Brain Control (Meakaale wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tunefish 4

Listen to the Tracks Here
Final Results here

Welcome to the 89th One Synth Challenge! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

This is the vst version of a "tiny virtual analog synthesizer. It is developed to fit into about 10kb of compressed machine code while still producing an audio quality that can compete with commercial synthesizers. " Mind blowing really

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a donator? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
Ridan is offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): any 1 of his soundsets. Mention the soundset you want, along with your other prize.

Anonymous: $200 (or about 178 Euro) prize to one lucky winner!

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik 8000, Wusik Station 8, and Wusik EVE v3

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

Squaredheads : Nora Arpeggiator plugin

JRR Shop : UVI: Mello

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

stardustmedia : Professional studio mix down and mastering on one track of your choosing (See Disclaimer)

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Ridan: Any one soundset as a secondary prize, on top of the regular prize.
haunting soundscapes, atmospheric chords, layered pads, anamorphic guitars,
brass and woodwind-esque, rhythmic/melodic sequences, and macabre sound effects.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: 2 Soundsets of choice
(Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing. Some people from OSC have had success here.
  • KVR Mix Challenge (see stickies) - Who can mix a song the best (Without adding extra recordings /musical additions)? Each person starts out with the same stems.
  • Music Cafe (KVR, see stickies) - A thematic monthly competition. Use recording, real instruments, synths and samples.
  • RemixComps - An aggregator for remix contests from a variety of artists and genres (mostly EDM) - indie and popular.
  • Soundevotion (SDCOMPO) Competition - Even longer running than the OSC, the SDCOMPO is even more niche in that you must use a tracker, and set of specific effects. Great community.
Last edited by bjporter on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 10 times in total.

:hyper: I like this synth sooo much!

Just for the heck of it, I downloaded it and tried to load it into Cubase and got a fatal error. LOL.

Oh well, I wasn't entering anyway. LMAO.

J.Ruegg wrote::hyper: I like this synth sooo much!
Yup... i'll certainly be fishing around on those knobs and sliders

Heh heh, some of us remember the last time we went fishing in these murky waters :dog: :bang:

In FLStudio you need an enormous Notepad to write down ALL your settings, cause this thing does NOT remember it for you.
What I mean to say is : settings are not saved in (my) FLStudio. :(

Same problem in Cubase 7.5, forgets all your settings changes since last patch load or save.

As long as you press save in the patch manager area for each instance before closing DAW it seems to load ok on reloading the project, however there is no confirmation whether patch saved properly.
Also note that there have to be consecutively numbered patches in the tf4programs folder for this to work. e.g. if you have saved program70 but there is no program69 in the folder then program 70 will not load automatically on reopening the DAW, and you need to go to the synth instance and press restore to reload it.

BTW the patch loading is still a mess, half the time when selecting a patch from the list it does not load the one selected. Using the DAW's patch manager seems ok though on first try. Renaming patches also seems problematic at best, as the name box does not override the DAW shortcuts.

On a positive note, this synth does have some amazing capabilities! Its easy to get it out of control, and should be a lot of fun experimenting :)
Last edited by RichardSemper on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I can't even get the GUI to come up. White screen then fatal error. LOL.

Gotta love these. LMAO.

Whohoo!!

This is the synth I wrote my first track for the OSC!! Cool to get back to it, now that I'm much more in to creating my own patches. :)

This round is a must for me! :)

/S36
Analogue and digital alike - inside and outside the box. All good music is done with passion and love, not religious convictions!

Yeager wrote:In FLStudio you need an enormous Notepad to write down ALL your settings, cause this thing does NOT remember it for you.
What I mean to say is : settings are not saved in (my) FLStudio. :(
Aye, that's no good. We'll have to tackle this. I just tested the latest FL12, and it worked. I tested it by only scanning the Tunefish folder
Last edited by bjporter on Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote:I can't even get the GUI to come up. White screen then fatal error. LOL.

Gotta love these. LMAO.
That's certainly fishy. Have you tried version the other versions (and even 32bit)?

Well what do you know? I was looking at this not too long ago. I don't think I've ever really fiddled with it, but I'm stoked to try it out!

EDIT: Oh boy, this one's gonna be a toughie, since cloning in FL Studio doesn't actually accomplish anything.
Last edited by Dragonsongz on Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I gots me a soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/real_skylake

I sent a message via various channels to the developers, maybe they will stop by! :pray:

bjporter wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I can't even get the GUI to come up. White screen then fatal error. LOL.

Gotta love these. LMAO.
That's certainly fishy. Have you tried version the other versions (and even 32bit)?
BJ, if the 64 bit doesn't work then there is no prayer the 32 bit will work. My DAW hates 32 bit plugs. Sad thing is, Reaper or even MuLab 32 could run this just fine. But I don't know how to use either of those DAWs and don't have the time to learn.

Is this additive synthesis, only worked with substractive before..

Return to “Instruments”