LoopRecorder (what's next?)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LoopRecorder

Is it a bug or a feature that I can't start recording from the middle of a bar?

For example if I have a 4 bar loop, I can't start recording from point 3,5. The recording starts at the beginning of the first bar.

*edit*

Tried in both Bitwig and Reaper. Record doesn't start when I hit play. It start at the beginning of a bar. Annoying :P

Guess I found a bug now. In reaper, add a loop to a track, then add loop recorder. Then duplicate the track few times and hit play and see the daw crashing :D

Lejurai wrote:Guess I found a bug now. In reaper, add a loop to a track, then add loop recorder. Then duplicate the track few times and hit play and see the daw crashing :D
This is a genuine bug. Thanks. Send me by PM your email so we can send you the last free license!
Lejurai wrote:Is it a bug or a feature that I can't start recording from the middle of a bar?

For example if I have a 4 bar loop, I can't start recording from point 3,5. The recording starts at the beginning of the first bar.

*edit*

Tried in both Bitwig and Reaper. Record doesn't start when I hit play. It start at the beginning of a bar. Annoying :P
This is how it is supposed to work although you're right, we should be able to start at any beat. Good point.

This is actually quite useful tool. I first layer samples in my daw, then I group them and drop looprecorder in that group channel. Layered unique snare? Check. Variation of it? Check. Nice :tu:

Btw if I make a layered snare in Bitwig, the group channel peaks at -6db. Then I save it to my hd with looprecorder, and when I open it again in my daw, the volume is dropped to -18db. Why is that?

And thanks for adding that start at beat :tu:

Lejurai wrote:Btw if I make a layered snare in Bitwig, the group channel peaks at -6db. Then I save it to my hd with looprecorder, and when I open it again in my daw, the volume is dropped to -18db. Why is that?
It doesnt make sense... My first guess is that you have a positive group channel gain to bring -18 to -6. Can you double check?

Well, my single channel volume is usually always peaked at -12db. Now I had the main snare at -12db and 2 others something between -26db and -12db. And that group channel had peak at -6db.

Thanks Lejurai. What I meant to say is that I don't understand why this is happening because the plugin doesn't apply any gain whatsoever to the input. Can you please update to the last version and try it again? (we fixed quite a lot of things with this release) Otherwise you can always send me a PM with your Bitwig project and we'll try to take a look at it when we have a chance.
Lejurai wrote:Well, my single channel volume is usually always peaked at -12db. Now I had the main snare at -12db and 2 others something between -26db and -12db. And that group channel had peak at -6db.
Last edited by 4drX on Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haven't found anything for now. That volume thingy isn't an issue though.. I can always raise the sample volume easily ;)

Any news?

Nice idea, could save some time when experimenting. I usually choose in Reaper record mode output stereo for that, 32 bit float-just in case there is clipping. Slice it latter if there is something good.
Was little disappointed that LoopRecorder only records 16 bit and mono. Are there any plans of improving that part in the future?

Ladies and gents,

We've got great news. We've been putting some work together to add some major features to LoopRecorder. Please welcome:

* A wav loop player (good for long files too)
* Buffers drag-and-droppable all over the place.
* Half-way Overdub: actually you can drag-and-drop so much that you can toggle "Send to Recorder" and drag the recorded buffer back to the player :)
* Stereo, 24bit recordings
* A Mac version

You can already download it as a VST plugin for Windows or Mac.

You're feedback is welcome as usual, specially on the mac side.
We really want to think there are no bugs left... but we're still holding the release a bit more.

Link: http://www.4drx.com/plugins/looprecorder

Best!
Last edited by 4drX on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.

:party:
Last edited by 4drX on Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bojanboyss wrote:Was little disappointed that LoopRecorder only records 16 bit and mono. Are there any plans of improving that part in the future?
Done (Stereo, 24bit)
Last edited by 4drX on Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Excellent !

Return to “Effects”