Kontakt 5 doesn't keep SHREDDAGE II Library anymore - pls. help !

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NI told me the "Komplete Kontrol 1.6.1 XML" is not needed because all the info is duplicate in the various files and is in the "Maschine 2.4.6.XLM" file as well.

I tried this latest approach of deleting the Komplete Kontrol 1.6.1 xml file and the Maschine 2.4.6 xml file (and the Shreddage 2 xml) from the appropriate Service Center folder. I did this on an old Core2Duo MacBookPro (with latest El Capitan) and was so excited to see that it worked! The Shreddage 2 library remains in Kontakt library even after restarting the program.

Went home to do the same on my main rig, a 2012 Mac Mini... Didn't work! Shreddage still disappearing. Same procedure, different results. What could be different? Well, the Mac Mini has the OS (and libraries) on one SSD while the instruments and samples are on another one. The MacBookPro has all data on one SSD.

Oh, and a big thanks to Impact Soundworks for doing what they can to help. I realize this is in NI's hands now. Their support ended up telling me to call their customer service line and that's not very easy for me to do right now.
Sigh.. looks like another weekend of troubleshooting. Anybody have an idea of something else I could look for? Maybe a reinstall of the whole Shreddage 2 instrument would do the trick.

Alright, I've been trying some things and got it to work finally. There is something in the NI Service Center folder for xml files (other than the Komplete Kontrol and Maschine xml files) interfering with the Shreddage Library.

To test this, I moved all the Service Center folder contents (xml files for everything) to another location temporarily. So the Service Center folder still remained with nothing in it. I loaded up Kontakt, added Shreddage to the library, and as usual a new Shreddage II.xml file was created in the empty Service Center folder. I then restarted Kontakt and Shreddage was still there (finally!).

Now for the arduous task of adding the moved xml files back to their original location and launching Kontakt many times to discover the culprit. I'll post any results I come up with.

Update - The culprit seems to be the Native Instruments xml file of a beta I'm participating in. Took the file out and there are no loading problems. I'm glad the solution was that simple. I hope this helps anyone in the same situation.

Trying to remain positive here -- but frankly, a bit frustrated at my own time wasted dealing with this. And your issue -- all inflicted by NI. They control Kontakt, Service Center, the XML Formatted config files, etc. One would think (and expect) they would make sure all their pieces play together nicely. What's most surprising is you would expect their support group to know about this first-hand, post a Knowledge Base article, reply with the specifics how to deal with this. The only thing I've seen posted by NI was dated, and did nothing to help. As I said, not trying to rant... but it's surprising to see this type of issue impacting folks. Glad you got your situation sorted out.

I'm really glad as well, and again I'm so sorry this is affecting those of you posting here. Supposedly, this XML file will solve the problem if placed in the Service Center folder...

Corrected XML File

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... brary-tab/

I believe they made some modification to it so that it will be more persistent.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

zircon wrote:I'm really glad as well, and again I'm so sorry this is affecting those of you posting here. Supposedly, this XML file will solve the problem if placed in the Service Center folder...

Corrected XML File

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... brary-tab/

Thanks! I use this XML and my problem is solved.
Cheers.

Definitely related to the Native Access beta. I installed it yesterday and the problem started.

emasters wrote:Trying to remain positive here -- but frankly, a bit frustrated at my own time wasted dealing with this. And your issue -- all inflicted by NI. They control Kontakt, Service Center, the XML Formatted config files, etc. One would think (and expect) they would make sure all their pieces play together nicely. What's most surprising is you would expect their support group to know about this first-hand, post a Knowledge Base article, reply with the specifics how to deal with this. The only thing I've seen posted by NI was dated, and did nothing to help. As I said, not trying to rant... but it's surprising to see this type of issue impacting folks. Glad you got your situation sorted out.
I echo your frustrations here. I went through much the same process and after searching for a solution on several forums and contacting NI support, I eventually found the answer on my own and with the help of posters on this thread. The fact that NI has yet to post a solution on their site or contact users who have reported an issue says a lot about their priorities. It's as if the burden is on the customer or 3rd party library provider. I'm no programmer, but it seems like a company so large should have the resources to patch little issues like this easily.

Related, but a little off topic: as a Maschine owner, a lot of users have wanted updates for that software for years and haven't seen much of a response from NI; and we're just talking about minor functionality improvements.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
zircon wrote:I'm really glad as well, and again I'm so sorry this is affecting those of you posting here. Supposedly, this XML file will solve the problem if placed in the Service Center folder...

Corrected XML File (http://impactsoundworks.com/Updates/Shreddage2/Shreddage%20II.xml)

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... brary-tab/ (https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/knowledge-base/show/1153/one-of-my-kontakt-libraries-keeps-disappearing-from-the-library-tab/)

The corrected XML file worked like a charm. I removed all Shreddage II XML files (there were 10 of them) from "Service Center" folder on my PC and copied the corrected XML file into the folder. Now I can see Shreddage 2 in the Kontakt library and Service Center. Thanks.

I just bought Shreddage II SRP and ran into the activation issue. When I activate it says "the product was activated successfully", but is still shows the "Activate" button, it is not listed on Native Instruments site on the my products page and it is not listed when I open up the service center application. Shreddage Base 2 worked fine.

If I use the xml file above and then open up the service center I can add my serial number but then I get "Not activated - The serial number is already registered with another User Account (1002)". I sent am email to support @ impactsoundworks.com so hopefully they can resolve it.

Problem re-occured, don't know when it started, but I cannot get Shreddage anymore in Kontakt 5 on 2 MACs. Unfortunately deleting the Komplete Control XML file does not fix it this time. Opened a ticket at Native Instruments, tipps from the community here are welcome.

Did you upgrade to 5.6.x? I've heard people complaining about other libraries disappearing after upgrading. That is one of the reason why I have not done it yet.

FYI, I saw this on twitter:

1. Uninstall Native Access and close Kontakt
2. Delete "NativeAccess.xml" from your Service Center xml folder
3. Restart Kontakt!

https://twitter.com/isoundworks

This is a frustrating new issue introduced by NI. They are looking into it.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”