Evolution Rick 12 AVAILABLE NOW from Orange Tree Samples

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Evolution Rick 12 captures the iconic jangle of a 12-string electric guitar. We sampled a pristine vintage model, sporting a semi-hollow maple body, rosewood fretboard, and classic high-gain pickups.

We developed this library in collaboration with Rosewood Recording Company, one of Utah's most venerable recording studios. Guy Randle, the owner and recording engineer at Rosewood Recording Company, incorporates analog audio equipment to skillfully sculpt and emphasize the rich tonal qualities of the guitar. While we've provided the as-is direct signal of the guitar, we also included an enhanced signal of the guitar as well. Being the default setting, we recommend using this enhanced signal, which increases the richness and sustain of the guitar.

For the sampling session, Guy Randle brought in the versatile and accomplished guitarist Michael Dowdle. Michael Dowdle has an impressive musical history. His session guitar work includes recording for artists such as Marie Osmond, The Osmond Brothers, John Schneider, David Archuleta, and The Jets as well performing on numerous movie and TV scores. He has also played on stage with artists like Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys, The Coasters, Sam Cardon, and countless others.

Video Demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqY1HvfUnU4

Audio Demos:
Demo #1: Ricky Jangle
Demo #2: Farthing Darling
Demo #3: Determination

Key features:
  • Over 4.25 GB of samples (compressed to 1.8 GB using the lossless NCW audio format), covering articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, mutes, natural harmonics, plus special effects such as chugs, scratches, string slaps, and much more.
  • Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
  • Built-in strum pattern editor for authentic guitar strumming.
  • Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
  • Multitracking up to quadruple tracking.
Pricing:
$139 USD (regularly $179). This $40 off introductory discount lasts until August 12th, 2016.

Format:
This sample library is powered by the KONTAKT Player, so it does not require any additional software.

Downloads:
User's Guide (PDF)

Visit the product page here: Evolution Rick 12 sample library for KONTAKT

Or you can click here to order Evolution Rick 12 directly
Last edited by Gregjazz on Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

OMG I just saw the email... this is fantastic. TBH I missed out on the nylon during the GB, but I'm glad I saved the clams! I'm all over this Bad Larry. An undervalued (but expensive) guitar, IMO. I grew up with the sound of my father's vintage 360 ringing throughout the house... so this scratches an itch! :tu:
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Here's an all-new Evolution Rick 12 demo, hopefully showing off more of that characteristic jangle of the 12-string:

https://www.orangetreesamples.com/audio/RickyJangle.mp3
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”