UVI Digital SynSations: 4 Classic Synths From The ’90s, FREE until July 24th!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Digital Synsations

so you get to the very end of the registration process, then on the page where you confirm the order
theres this line of text saying an ILOK account is required to use all UVI products. so i bailed without confirming.
ILOK, no thank you.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:so you get to the very end of the registration process, then on the page where you confirm the order
theres this line of text saying an ILOK account is required to use all UVI products. so i bailed without confirming.
ILOK, no thank you.
I said exactly the same thing a couple of years back when they gave this away. I will tell you that iLok is not that bad. Believe me when I say I hated the thought of installing it on my computer probably more than a million you's put together, but after using it, I have no problems so if you can give it a second thought it is worth it for this great freebee. Just my opinion.

I actually came back to this thread to say that Digital SynSations is way cool and super high quality and now I have respect for UVI products.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:
layzer wrote:so you get to the very end of the registration process, then on the page where you confirm the order
ILOK, no thank you.
I said exactly the same thing a couple of years back when they gave this away. I will tell you that iLok is not that bad. Believe me when I say I hated the thought of installing it on my computer probably more than a million you's put together, but after using it, I have no problems so if you can give it a second thought it is worth it for this great freebee. Just my opinion.

I actually came back to this thread to say that Digital SynSations is way cool and super high quality and now I have respect for UVI products.
re iLok - same for me as far as thinking what a hassle, but actually the software version has turned out fine. That's over about a year or two I suppose.

It's free, take it or leave it

cocoazenith wrote:This is tremendous value at least for me. I never understood why UVI took the piss on their hard work and dumped this product into no-pricing. I also understand that not all people have a fetish for 90s ROMplers like I do.....
Actually, It's a pretty "meh" product. Not that many sounds but takes huge amount of disk space, very basic controls for programming and needs PACE cr@p on top of it. Definitely not worth the money they were asking for it. For 200 bucks you could get FM8, Korg M1 and Wavestation for real emulation, tons of sounds and full programmability. Frankly can't see why would anyone pay any money for Digital Synsations.
No signature here!

I agree - I got this free last time, and have barely used it.

They don't sample the classic factory presets, they basically create their own patches on the synths, using the less characterful samples so they don't get into trouble, and sample those. They always sample well, and the products are high quality, but, for instance, you pick any instrument, and choose a category, like "Bass" or "Pads" and there are only 5-10 patches in each category for each synth, and once you choose one of those, there's not a huge amount you can do to it other than tweak envelopes, filter etc. It's not like you're getting raw waveforms to play with either.

If I had paid full price for this I would have been extremely disappointed, considering what that money could have bought elsewhere.

For free, and if you like the sound of those synths, then pick it up and play with, but my guess is that it probably won't prove that useful to many folk here...

iLok is not required.
Only free ilok.com account.

everyPlugin.com wrote:iLok is not required.
It´s still ilok!

EDIT: There´s no battle. Just pointing out that even without a physical dongle it´s still ilok software.
Next two posts derail this thread more.
Last edited by sonicpowa on Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

So anotha' thread derails into that age old iLok battle :?

sonicpowa wrote:
everyPlugin.com wrote:iLok is not required.
It´s still ilok!
Just don't accept the offer and spares us the ilok crap arguments.

No one is forcing you to do anything. It's your own choice, live with it, but please spare us from derailing this thread about the sample libraries and turning it into another ilok bashing waste of bandwidth.

Return to “Instruments”