Books - Guide to Tracktion T6/T7 - $0

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Many many thanks to Bill for writing his Guides to T6 and T7. Thank you, Bill!

Hi there gigazaga

I will probably buy the T7 version, but .....
What would you recommend to a total Tracktion noob?

BTW; not to sound like an arsehole but there are a few grammatical errors in the e-book page that you should considering checking those :wink:
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

I just added Chapter 41 - Track LFOs to "Guide to Tracktion T7."

Bill

I've found the book to be a great resource!

(And concerning typos and the like, as an author myself I'm sure Bill would appreciate page and paragraph of any problems folks might find).
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Waveform 11 Pro/Studio One Pro 3.5

tovokas wrote:I've found the book to be a great resource!

(And concerning typos and the like, as an author myself I'm sure Bill would appreciate page and paragraph of any problems folks might find).
Yes, exactly. This book is produced on a shoestring budget in my spare time.

Congrats! The book is worth every penny and is invaluable for learning T7 quickly.

Fantastic effort!
iMacPro 1,1 | 64gb | OSX 10.15.7
http://www.gesslr.com
http://www.storyaudio.com

gesslr wrote:Congrats! The book is worth every penny and is invaluable for learning T7 quickly.

Fantastic effort!
Thank you for that.

I have the T6 book. I had also watched the T5 groove3 videos but since I don't practice frequently, I forget. Even though I had prepared a complicated multi-out template for Mobius (looper) in T5 (it's available in this forum), I completely forgot about multi-out routing. I checked the T6 book and it's one of the omitted topics. I don't want to sing up for Groove3 again at this point to remember. Does the T7 book have multi-out routing? Or if anyone reads this, maybe there's another resource (I'm specifically trying to route Reaktor 5 right now).

And also, is the T7 book 100% complete (that's what the thread title implies but the leanpub page doesn't imply the same)?

Thanks.
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

rpm wrote:I have the T6 book. I had also watched the T5 groove3 videos but since I don't practice frequently, I forget. Even though I had prepared a complicated multi-out template for Mobius (looper) in T5 (it's available in this forum), I completely forgot about multi-out routing. I checked the T6 book and it's one of the omitted topics. I don't want to sing up for Groove3 again at this point to remember. Does the T7 book have multi-out routing? Or if anyone reads this, maybe there's another resource (I'm specifically trying to route Reaktor 5 right now).

And also, is the T7 book 100% complete (that's what the thread title implies but the leanpub page doesn't imply the same)?

Thanks.
This how to route the Reaktor 5 or any Plugin with multi-outs
load the plugin on a track, right click the plugin and select (wrap this plugin) and now follow the diagram below. :tu:

http://layitproductions.com/how-to-chan ... s-and-outs

Thanks man, but this is not detailed enough for me. I can't get any sound out of Reaktor this way. I want to be able to route the kick channel in an ensemble to a separate track in T7, snare to another track, etc. No worries though, I will figure out or post a new thread.
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

I updated the book with corrections to the first 4 chapters. This includes mostly new T7 specific images in those chapters.

I also added coverage of the new CloudBounce mastering to the T7 new features chapter.

The minimum price is now always set to $9.99 for the T7 book

The minimum price is now set to only $1.99 for the T6 book

Does T7 have any type of audio quantize/transient detection? Sorry if the sounds OT. I figured this would be a good thread to ask.

zentatonic wrote:Does T7 have any type of audio quantize/transient detection? Sorry if the sounds OT. I figured this would be a good thread to ask.
Yes, it's called Warp Time.

Thanx for the update..the guide has helped me a ton..there were quite a few T6 images and references in there lol..c&p eh ?

A good addition would be setting up a custom control surface map. Still trying how to figure out how to delete an assignment without having to start completely over from scratch.

gigazaga wrote:
zentatonic wrote:Does T7 have any type of audio quantize/transient detection? Sorry if the sounds OT. I figured this would be a good thread to ask.
Yes, it's called Warp Time.
Thanks. Wish we could expand that little editor a bit. I'll buy a T7 guide today to learn more. 8)

Return to “Tracktion”