Professional help in choosing selected monitor/speakers

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I need professional help/opinion or advice in choosing the two systems that I am ready to buy , it was difficult to gather together the money and therefore can not make a mistake

I have trouble deciding because I deal with the production of electronic music - ( Techno / ( Psy )Trance )

This are the speaker systems :

http://www.harveynorman.hr/odjeli/audio ... 23947.html
this one and sony shake 33 are the option.
or http://www.thomann.de/gb/adam_f7sub_triple_7_bundle.htm
adam triple budle ( 2x F7's and Sub7")
the price is about the same. The power is like 7 times greater or sony system but like I said I would use it for producing/listening electronic bass music. I know adam's are designed for production, but can it be that I can use sony system equally well? (what I'm going to lose if I choose one and not the other)
Help me out friends :pray:

Adam without doubt!

Sony makes nice amps & electronics, but those blue led lit speakers are very ugly.

Have you listened to either? Please do...

But these are not the only contenders. I use a good and old hifi amp with Alesis MonitorOne mk2 passive speakers costing far less than what you suggested. Some may say it lacks a bit in the lowest octave. You can hear all bass, just not exaggerated loud like some systems do. Perfect for me. Does not cost a fortune. I might replace them eventually and save for that, plenty time left.

Never spend all the money you have, BIG mistake !!@
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I'm not interested in how does it look like nor have I listened to them.I know that they are highly respected with good reviews and ratings
My trust is only in the specifications for now.
Dont know about sony but Adam system is active.. so as far as I know amp's are out of the option
Good advice :) this is all the money I can invest on speakers.For now

Adams with a sub vs. Sony hi fi's without sub for electronic music production, Adams without blinking. :tu:

Did you really think this trough, seems weird choice of opponents, monitors with sub vs. hi fi speakers, if sub isn't important to you, why not look at something cheaper, like Yamaha HS 7 or JBL 308, still you have money left for decent audio interface and even headphones.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Well that voltage and bigger inch drivers on sony system confused me.
(I am relatively new to all this as far as buying speakers and other audio gear)
I would buy 2 hs7 but than I will need to buy sub eventualy (because I would realy like to produce precise sub frequencies around 30hz (i wish I can go even under :P ) ) and it will cost me much more than this triple bundle.
Regarding audio interface I use pioneer t1 build in soundcard for my speakers

Of the two, the Adams are the way to go for music production, but I would suggest you need a decent ASIO audio interface also, to achieve low latency and good quality audio.

grimegray wrote:Well that voltage and bigger inch drivers on sony system confused me.
You will be mixing on lower volume levels anyways, so that shouldn't be of much importance.
(because I would realy like to produce precise sub frequencies around 30hz (i wish I can go even under :P ) ) and it will cost me much more than this triple bundle.
Yeah, that Adam offer is quite an bargain, you can't do any better than that. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Few minutes ago I played some song's in traktor and on audio setup I used : asio4all instad of realtek speakers direct driver (i think thats what its called)
And the speaker option was sounding much better , why is that ? Is it because of that Dsp audio control inside control panel/audio that I have on windows 10 ?
Thank you I will take Adam !

It will sound even better with a 24 bit audio interface.

There's a huge selection at reasonable prices these days, depending on your needs. https://www.amazon.co.uk/usb-3-audio-in ... 0interface

:party:

Alright ! Thanks, I will look into it :tu:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”