Behringer Analog Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

12 voices... now I'm interested !!

Honestly, it sounds extremely good. Much, much better than the latest Arturia offering.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Mutant wrote:
Daags wrote:
Mutant wrote:49 Keys.
It is mono.
Wouldn't pay more than 500$ for it.
:lol:
That was based on the information we had at that time.
Now i can change it to:
It is 4 voice poly.
Wouldn't pay more than 700$ for it if i needed a 4 voice poly (i want 6-8 voices because i like pads with long release (Parva provides them, but the firmware is not there yet)).
Next week we could as well see more voice LEDs, not only the 4 we can see in the latest video.
Its time to upgrade your divinations again, oh truth teller!

And as far as my own divinations concern, with 12 voices, I would be surprised if we are talking about a 450 € synth and not a good deal more. I am done predicting prices, but I have a bad feeling that we are moving beyond my financial reach :(

Uncle E wrote:. It definitely sounds more like a JX than a Juno to me.

....which make more sense architecture wise. The Junos are based on one osc with the posibility of layering a square with a saw and add a square sub. You wouldn't even be able to emulate such a sound with a two dco synth unless it has at least one sub too. Likewise you wouldn't be able to reproduce a good deal of two dco based JX sound with a Juno, especially not with a sync feature, which Behringer's seem to have. If it has cross mod too, we are way beyond the Junos.
Last edited by IncarnateX on Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IncarnateX wrote:And as far as my own divinations concern, with 12 voices, I would be surprised if we are talking about a 450 € synth and not a good deal more. I am done predicting prices, but I have a bad feeling that we are moving beyond my financial reach :(
Same here (at least currently). Still, if they manage to bring it in at the low 4 digits it still may be a great value. I'm kinda routing for them - with all the gimmicky weirdness Roland's doling out, who'da thunk the killer analog poly of the 20-teens would be...Behringer? :hyper:

Mutant wrote:
Daags wrote:
It is mono.
Wouldn't pay more than 500$ for it.
:lol:
That was based on the information we had at that time.
Now i can change it to:
It is 4 voice poly.
Wouldn't pay more than 700$ for it if i needed a 4 voice poly (i want 6-8 voices because i like pads with long release (Parva provides them, but the firmware is not there yet)).
Next week we could as well see more voice LEDs, not only the 4 we can see in the latest video.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

you should just stop talking shit in general.

Im hoping the build quality and components are upto par for longevity, as the specs are starting to leak I can't help but think if Behringer have an open scope on RRP at this time, see how people react and prophesise a price, maybe.
Looks good...I'm going predicting £1200-1500 with the hope it will actually be less than £1K...however with DSI's well over that price, maybe behringer are going to take a gamble on high volume low margins who knows. I'm sure people will start pulling it to pieces once released, but it's been on the drawing board and in development for what 3-4+ years?
It's going to be an interesting product regardless...can't be any more of a failure than Akais wolf...can it?! :)

sazb30 wrote:12 voices... now I'm interested !!

me too. for 12 voices I can definitely justify the space of 4 octaves...

now we just got to wonder about the price .... certainly won't be insta-buy prices, not for my budget anyway. stuff in this likely price range takes the guts of 6+months to year to save for if I decide to go for it.

Bout the price of Behringer, I feel like sitting at a poker table where the stakes are getting higher and higher. Think it's gonna be a pass for me. This one will hardly be below my 700€ limit. Anything beyond that will cost me my marriage and though the shield maiden can be a pita from time to time, no synth has been worth that yet.

IncarnateX wrote:
Daags wrote: you should just stop talking shit in general.
You'd see O.J. simpson's case reopened and him convicted before that happens.
:hihi:
IncarnateX wrote: Bout the price of Behringer, I feel like sitting at a poker table where the stakes are getting higher and higher. Think it's gonna be a pass for me. This one will hardly be below my 700€ limit. Anything beyond that will cost me my marriage and though the shield maiden can be a pita from time to time, no synth has been worth that yet.
i know what you mean..stakes are getting higher. i think though that they will deliver bang-for-buck. so, it may be a not inconsiderable sum of money, but the bang-for-buck ratio might make an extended stint of saving worth the effort. If you're dealing with a shield maiden who is just against spending more than 700 in principle, regardless of spec... well, maybe just sit her down and break down the cost in terms of voice... put it to her in per-voice terms, hehe.

'baby, please listen, per voice this is the best value synth I will have!'

X, the difference is this voice has an off switch. No contest IMO.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Daags wrote:If you're dealing with a shield maiden who is just against spending more than 700 in principle
She is unfortunately against spending as much as one euro cent on anything related to music gear. The 700 limit is about how much I can smuggle out from our budget during a year without her notice. She is not against spending in general, as long as it is on her.

Mushy Mushy wrote:X, the difference is this voice has an off switch. No contest IMO.
:lol: Got a point there Mushy!

IncarnateX wrote:She is not against spending in general, as long as it is on her
this is what a relationship is all about. sadly no one tells you about it beforehand.

Im wondering how much of the synth will actually be analog. If ppl are guessing it will be low priced, its likely it will be dco's and def digital fx. Could be its only the filter that is truely analog....

Its unlikely they will throw out an expensive analog monster as their first (?) synth

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”