My latest track, Welcome Back

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. Here is my latest tune. I used Sem V for a change in one track, although I had problems finding presets that I like. I would like some comments. I mixed with headphones.

https://soundcloud.com/madrigal7/welcome-back

nice melodic piece. has your signature big pads, soft drums prominent lead sound.
gives it a somewhat "retro 80's" vibe which is a good thing imo. thanks for sharing :)
Last edited by layzer on Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Nice one!

Nice enjoyable track. Lovely melodies and cool variations in the backing.
Well done. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Nicely done. It's a pleasant, open, airy track that puts a little smile on my face. The only thing I didn't like was that I felt like the background pads might have had just a tad too much reverb on them for my taste. But that might just be my taste.

Thank you guys for the nice comments. I try to improve the track. I for some reason like of lots of reverb on my tunes. I think the chorus part's bass preset is too busy so i try to change that. Thanks again.

I'm listening to this at 1AM and this track has your trademark melodies and is a relaxing, enjoyable piece of music. I liked the lead synth

I'm not sure about your comment regarding the bass in the chorus. I thought that the drum/percussion was a little busy and energetic, particularly the snare/hat.

Good work :)

Thank you seismic1. I meant that the bass synth is doing a complex pattern which imo does not suit the tune. I made already another tune and forgot about fixing the bass. You are right about the chorus drums.

This is a really enjoyable composition. I like the happy-feel so much.
Very clean production, I didn't find bass or drums too much busy, but maybe you're after a more melodic result. I'm usually on a more progressive + rocking side, so I didn't notice it. Not sure about that... :?
Thumbs up

Cheers

Thank you for your comment LR.

Return to “Music Cafe”