RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiphonics CV-2 Reaktor Softube Modular

skipscada wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
hivkorn wrote:guy check this URL ;)
It is patch of doepfer module...
http://www.modular-planet.de/modular-planet-survey.html
Okay, there are like a gazillion things on the page. What exactly am I supposed to be looking at?
Pick a sound that you think might be interesting, click in the patch column to see how it's patched, click on the mp3-column to listen how it sounds.
Ah, okay. Yeah, did that. Unfortunately, most of these patches contain modules that Softube doesn't make available yet.

Yeah, this could get real expensive, real fast.

wagtunes wrote:
skipscada wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Okay, there are like a gazillion things on the page. What exactly am I supposed to be looking at?
Pick a sound that you think might be interesting, click in the patch column to see how it's patched, click on the mp3-column to listen how it sounds.
Ah, okay. Yeah, did that. Unfortunately, most of these patches contain modules that Softube doesn't make available yet.

Until you compare to the actual hardware. ;)

ImNotDedYet wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
skipscada wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

You can say that with any VST synth. I'm talking apples to apples. I'd never buy hardware. It's stupidly expensive given what you can do with software at a fraction of the cost. Comparing software to software, as far as VST synths go, Softube modular could easily become the most expensive VST synth on the market by literally thousands of dollars.

some patch ( like 'plasma bass' )can be done , and i think if you have more skill than me you can make some of them that miss module ;)

wagtunes wrote:
skipscada wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
You could spend a few days exploring that amazing "resource", and ask the euro-rack-emu faerie for those you fancy, to become available, asap. :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

anyone 3rd preset banks for this?
fup4000

fup4000 wrote:anyone 3rd preset banks for this?
I'm releasing a bank of 250 presets the first week of August.

Great looking forward to it
fup4000

wagtunes wrote:
ImNotDedYet wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
skipscada wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

You can say that with any VST synth. I'm talking apples to apples. I'd never buy hardware. It's stupidly expensive given what you can do with software at a fraction of the cost. Comparing software to software, as far as VST synths go, Softube modular could easily become the most expensive VST synth on the market by literally thousands of dollars.
While this is something I don't really have a view on either way, you are certainly correct in saying that the HW/SW comparison isn't apples to apples, however your example also has equivalency issues. To the extent that Modular (capital "M" to denote brand, rather than general) essentially becomes the "container" for additional modules, I could also say that "Cubase could become the most expensive VST on the market" because of all the individual VST instruments and effects I could buy, if I define it in terms of its use as a container (particularly inasmuch as Modular also comes with rudimentary sequencing).

I could possibly take the counter view that Modular could be a huge cost saver. Now, if I want to purchase a product for its gorgeous OSC or filters (for example), I have to fork out for all the stuff I don't need (and already have) by buying the whole synth. However, with Modular, I just fork out a lesser amount for the bit I need (hypothetically speaking). I'm not saying that this view has more validity, just that "apples to apples" depends on what parameters are used to judge the apples...

The Modular v Reaktor comparison looks to be our only true "apples to apples" at the moment (there are probably other modular products also fitting the bill). In this respect, I agree. An apples to apples comparison in terms of cost, variety, functionality and most importantly (for me, because I can't get Modular to change patches without an instant crash) - stability - between these two appears to favour Reaktor by a large margin. As always, "sound" will be the area of most debate, as both, to my ears sound fantastic.

wagtunes wrote:
fup4000 wrote:anyone 3rd preset banks for this?
I'm releasing a bank of 250 presets the first week of August.
Awesome, I'll be jumping on that straight away. :party:

My Doepfer A-100 P9sw came today finally, including Make Noise Maths and DPO...
Lets see if Make Noise modeled those very close to Soft Tube's Modular... :D :lol:
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:My Doepfer A-100 P9sw came today finally, including Make Noise Maths and DPO...
Lets see if Make Noise modeled those very close to Soft Tube's Modular... :D :lol:
Duplicating Maths in Softube Modular will take a LOT of cables!

BasariStudios wrote:My Doepfer A-100 P9sw came today finally, including Make Noise Maths and DPO...
Good choices :tu:
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

Some Softube Modular Demos for you guys to listen to in case you're on the fence about getting this synth. Personally, I think it's excellent. It could use more modules but I have no doubt they're coming and hopefully soon. Softube has a money maker here if they play it right.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -250-patch

PS - In case anybody asks, these are reposts because the original was accidentally moved and deleted. The mods know about this so please, keep it civil.

wagtunes wrote:Yeah, this could get real expensive, real fast.

Kind of...

Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Return to “Instruments”