New Amp simulator "DR Gain"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have tried Hybrit against this and IMO this has better tone controls. And Hybrit isn't a slouch there either, this just has some really nice sounding EQ knobs and I like whatever the Punch knob is doing to the tone as well. However I will say that if this amp sim has a weakness it's that it does not clean up as well as some Marshall models in its Full preamp mode, though in Half mode I found it pretty easy to get some volume knob response out of it.

Question, is there something on the front end that's like a Tubescreamer or other type of boost pedal with a bit of a mid hump? I think it's neat that this amp sim does not seem to require any sort of external boost pedal for its higher gain tones to sound nice and tight and have a lot of chunk to them without being boomy.

Digging it, I'll record some demo clips tomorrow I reckon. Might compare a few other Marshall tones you can get from sims to it, I dunno, not sure how much interest there'd be since it's not cross platform and 32-bit. Still, probably just do it for fun :)

Agreed wrote:Digging it, I'll record some demo clips tomorrow
I would be happy to hear some audio clips

Can do, ended up house sitting for more than a week and didn't have access to my recording setup. Back now, will record something and post it up.

:tu:

Alright, here's a demo of Dr. Gain into Audified's MultiCabinet plugin (a quick and easy cab sim - if you know how to mic a cab, anyway). Rhythm track has their Recto 4x12 cab model, and 2nd rhythm / lead track uses their other 4x12 cab (think it's a Marshall? maybe?)

I also used their STA-Delay, which they made free through some promotion not too long ago. Really nice for free, IMO anyway. Has some extremely cool and useful sound modes, including one of the better "really high but not actually infinite" feedback modes I've used in a digital format of any kind. Apparently hard to get right as not many have over the years, IMO anyway, this can do a great one though.

I used the Full preamp for the rhythm track, Half with less Punch and more Gain for the lead track. No pedal or other kind of boost plugin used, very minimal mixing to the track.

Return to “Effects”