Behringer Analog Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So when do you think this synth will actually be available to buy? I remember Behringer announcing those motorised fader control surfaces several years ago, and they didn't materialise for ages... And I'm talking years rather than months... !

The feeling I'm getting from the way the teasers are being conducted, and the media participation by Behringer on forums and various social media, is that it is imminent ... but that is the kind of imminence in this industry that could mean a couple months or a couple weeks. If it's the former, I really don't see it being that much longer.

I get absolutely no impression from the intensity of this campaign that it is some year-in-advance scenario.

I'm really looking forward to this... a synth that has the best Behringer has to offer - i.e scale of economics, manufacturing clout ... and designed by a Midas team. It is effectively a Midas synth, if you allow yourself some flexibility.

I won't be an early-adopter though, I mean I couldn't even if I wanted to be. In the event that it is god's gift to synthesis and synthesists ... it will easily be a year until I paw one with my own lustful hands.
Last edited by Daags on Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daags wrote:The feeling I'm getting from the way the teasers are being conducted, and the media participation by Behringer on forums and various social media, is that it is imminent ... but that is the kind of imminence in this industry that could mean a couple months or a couple weeks. If it's the former, I really don't see it being that much longer.

I get absolutely no impression from the intensity of this campaign that it is some year-in-advance scenario.
+1 ... I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing "pre-orders" at major retailers within a couple of weeks, and delivery within a couple of months, max.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

There is some info about an Uk presentation on august 20. Not so far away.
dedication to flying

I wouldnt expect anything soon, Uli Behringer said yesterday at GS that the designers where still adding things as he spoke, that is not an imminent release.
Duh

At GS Uli told about how they have made a whole synth division now and are about to hire 30 engineers and product managers. After that he asked for wishes for the future. We could as well spend the waiting time sending wishes to Santa. My first wish is obvious:

Give me a small and affordable version of this synth. 4 voices will do if it is on par with the price of Minilogue :pray: In contrast to some of the GS wishes, this one even appeal to realism given the state of development 8)

They should do something similar to putting together your own computer, where you could for example purchase the basic machine and then plug in additional voice cards in the future. Sort of what Korg had going with the Z1 or Novation had with the Nova keyboards back in the day. Perhaps that is an unrealistic thought. But it would be cool if you could start with a relatively inexpensive four-voice system and then build it up to be twelve or sixteen, etc.

Sequent wrote:They should do something similar to putting together your own computer, where you could for example purchase the basic machine and then plug in additional voice cards in the future. Sort of what Korg had going with the Z1 or Novation had with the Nova keyboards back in the day. Perhaps that is an unrealistic thought. But it would be cool if you could start with a relatively inexpensive four-voice system and then build it up to be twelve or sixteen, etc.
* cough * it's called modular and already exists ;)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Theres an artists rendition based on whats been revealed

Amazon: why not use an alternative

cough cough

that's wasn't what I was talking about.
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Sequent wrote:They should do something similar to putting together your own computer, where you could for example purchase the basic machine and then plug in additional voice cards in the future. Sort of what Korg had going with the Z1 or Novation had with the Nova keyboards back in the day. Perhaps that is an unrealistic thought. But it would be cool if you could start with a relatively inexpensive four-voice system and then build it up to be twelve or sixteen, etc.
* cough * it's called modular and already exists ;)

Companies will sometimes show products at NAMM that look exactly like the finished product and appear to be mostly functionally, yet they don't show up to market until a year later (or later).

Uncle E wrote:Companies will sometimes show products at NAMM that look exactly like the finished product and appear to be mostly functionally, yet they don't show up to market until a year later (or later).
But it's usually smaller scale companies. Like famous SEM-modular that might not get released this year.
Murderous duck!

Big companies, too. I don't want to name them but some of the biggest companies are the ones most notorious for long delays.

bungle wrote:I wouldnt expect anything soon, Uli Behringer said yesterday at GS that the designers where still adding things as he spoke, that is not an imminent release.

link/quote please ?

not to the thread itself... but the post ... cheers.

without seeing the exact quote, or the context in which it was made, I still think with a sustained teaser campaign like this ... it would be mad for it not to be released imminently, and as I said earlier, it could be imminent as in a couple months, maybe three - I consider that imminent in this industry. Four months tops. A demo in the UK at the end of August fits in with that timescale.

of course, maybe it isn't coming imminently, even as far as I'm willing to stretch that word considering the industry we're talking about. If so, and if it's like over four months away, I think he blew his wad quite prematurely with this teaser campaign. I'm not complaining mind you, if that is the case - though some people do seem to develop this weird kind of anger or annoyance over something being announced 'too early' before it can be bought.

I don't know why a manufacturer would want to do a teaser campaign like this so prematurely, if it is that premature ... I can only speculate... like, if there were investors getting anxious about seeing a return, it might put them at ease to show the level of public interest in what has been achieved so far. But I wouldn't figure Behringer would be in a scenario like that.... /idle speculation

Daags wrote:
bungle wrote:I wouldnt expect anything soon, Uli Behringer said yesterday at GS that the designers where still adding things as he spoke, that is not an imminent release.

link/quote please ?

not to the thread itself... but the post ... cheers.
Three days ago:
The synthesizer was initially considered a pure "labor of love" project as we had no commercial aspirations. However what was considered a simple synth project, got completely out of hand and sound capabilities plus features got added on a weekly basis.
People constantly heard me say: "Pete, we got to stop this now", but you can imagine that it had little impact and the team kept on adding and adding. I can't even remember how many front panel design iterations we went through and I believe the guys are still adding more features as we speak - of course without telling me :-). [...] The response for this synth has been so overwhelming that we have decided to establish a comprehensive Synthesizer Division. We are currently hiring 30 engineers and product managers in the UK and Canada; feel free to apply.

Please share with us what synths, drum machines, samplers etc. or features you like to have. Be assured we will carefully listen.

Uli
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”