Observers on variables

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
So, im feeling a bit stupid.

can i do something like this? even if i declare the variable as an object is does not work.

Code: Select all (#)

var var_to_observe = 0;
var_to_observe.addValueObserver(...)
do i have to set up some kind of RangedValue (new host.RangedValue does work, but i cant add an observer, because the script says it is undefined)?

Im not new to coding, but probably there is barrier in my head and the controller scripting api documentation by bitwig is just a list and its helpful, but not enough to get me where i want. i read thomas observer tutorial and all of keith millen tutorials, but there was nothing in there that helped me doing this.

I think i understood all of the observer business. Whenever I set up an observer on something that happens in Bitwig, everything i want the script to be done is done.
Observers on userControls also work fine, but just if have set a midicc to a function in bitwig. otherwise the userControl observer wont be active.

now, i have an array full of cc values, they get updated very well if some midimessage is coming in. so i just want to add observers to specific ccvalues, that a function gets called without a midicc needed to be mapped to something in bitwig.

if you need a reason:
i want to run my controller script without the need to setup any custom midi controls in bitwig. just if i need something that is not as basic as pans, macros of cursor device, volume faders and stuff.

thanks for your help.

cheers.

so i was kind of stupid.

if anybody is interested:
im just using setters now.
everytime a ccval changes, the related objects ccvalue will be changed and the setter function called, which is related to a function in bitwig.

Return to “Controller Scripting”