Loading strum patterns in Stratsophere

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I must be missing something because if I try to load an existing strum pattern which are NKA files I am assuming, I see an error message to the effect the file is not compatible.

I tried patterns from my Strawberry, Steel Strings and even Stratosphere and receive the message.
I am on Kontakt 5x btw.

Are you loading strum patterns created in a different Evolution guitar library, or ones saved from Stratosphere itself?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Trying both, Greg. Pre-existing patterns in the libraries mentioned above. I have not created any and tried saving/reloading,I was just fooling with existing patterns

Does it do that in the standalone Kontakt application as well, or when Kontakt is loaded as a plugin in your DAW? When in the Kontakt plugin I've noticed a bug where sometimes loading an NKA file will cause the error message (about it being incompatible), and then sometimes it works for whatever reason.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Actually it was in the standalone app. I had not tried with it as a plug in, I will try with the VST.
So should I be able to load Stratospheres own NKAs back in , even though they already exist?

musicman100 wrote: So should I be able to load Stratospheres own NKAs back in , even though they already exist?
I'm not sure I completely follow, but if you save an NKA pattern from Stratosphere, you should be able to load it back in. It doesn't overwrite the factory presets, of course--those are set in stone, so you don't have to worry about overwriting them.

Another thing that occurred to me is that I've run into a weird bug where occasionally Kontakt saves the wrong name in the first line of the NKA file, replacing it something completely random such as one of the impulse filenames. It's pretty easy to fix, but definitely an inconvenience. All the data is fine, but that first line is part of what determines if the NKA can be loaded or not. Feel free to email me the NKA file(s) and I'll check them out to see if they work on my end or not. If there's something else going on like the above problem, I'd be happy to fix the NKA files for you and send them back.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Maybe I am in the dimbulb mode Greg let me explain.

I initially went to the folder where Stratosphere in installed, drilled down and found a folder with a bunch of NKA files residing with names indicating what i perceive to be strum patterns.

I then open up Kontakt and load stratosphere, right click and open the drop down box for strum patterns, navigate to the install folder where I found the NKAs, and then attempt to load one (doesnt matter which one I choose) and thats when the error message pops up.

I am not creating and saving a pattern, I was trying to load a factory strum.

All the factory strumming patterns should be accessible from the dropdown menu, not as external files. I looked through the library myself but couldn't find any NKAs. Which folder did you find the NKAs in? The only thing I can think of is if you have an older version of the library that accidentally included the source NKA patterns for the library.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

In the Demo Songs folder, maybe those are meant to work in conjunction with loading a song/?

Ahh, I see--those are tone presets, not strumming patterns. Unfortunately they all share the same file extension. :/
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”