The Favorite 2016 Softsynth Is...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1 more vote for Tone2 Icarus.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Teksonik wrote:
Cinebient wrote:I have the feeling i know what you mean.....
I only meant there are more than five months of 2016 left. Way too early to declare the "Favorite softsynth of 2016". :wink:
I doubt anything is dethroning Synclavier V in the next five months. Not even if the Monark team comes with a Sequential Prophet 5 in Komplete 11.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Teksonik wrote:
Cinebient wrote:I have the feeling i know what you mean.....
I only meant there are more than five months of 2016 left. Way too early to declare the "Favorite softsynth of 2016". :wink:
True. I'm eager what Xils have in the pipeline btw.. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Arturia Analog Lab 2, covers all bases, easy to work with, sounds awesome, and I got it for free 8)

So far my favorites in 2016 are Tone2 Icarus and Arturia Synclavier V.

FWIW concerning new drum synths i also would give a vote to Xils Lab StiX.

Let's see which other softsynths will be released until the end of the year.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

It's a last year release but I got it this year -> TAL Sampler, it sounds fantastic, the emulation modes are very good and atmospheric, and the down pitching is great quality as well which is what I like about my E-MU E6400. This is the first computer based sampler to feel like a good classic hardware sampler to me, and the reverb is stunning (also available as a free standalone plugin). Plus it costs so little. It's also really nice to see a high caliber digital emulation, I love analog too but to get some of that simple pleasure of exploring samples into a vst is just priceless.

I don't think I have any synths released this year yet apart from the Arturia v4 updated GUI's - oh and Geist 2 which i haven't spent much time with yet, but it's a very nice update.

Astralp wrote:... oh and Geist 2 which i haven't spent much time with yet, but it's a very nice update.
My first thought for this thread was G2 as well . . . except it's not a synth; it's a sampler/sequencer. For me, I'd have to say Ableton Collision. I'm new to LIVESuite but longtime LIVE user and this instrument does some amazing things that nothing else I have in the toolbox does.
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

I have reliable information that the best soft synth of 2016 will come out in November from one of the big guys..

So far, my vote goes to Waves Element 2.

There are still synths to be released by u-he, XILS Labs and others though, so it'll be interesting and tough at the same time to choose.

Icarus was the most interesting for me so far, but I'm not sure I'll buy it, will wait for Avenger and compare them.

Spire's upcoming new FM oscillator may add the whole new value to the synth (but even without it, Spire is my most used softsynth).
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Mine is Spire, followed really close by Sylenth1.

shroom81 wrote:Softube Modular, sound is second to none imo.
another vote for that - stunning for the money
EnGee wrote:So far, my vote goes to Waves Element 2.
I'm surprised to see that get a vote - what is it that stands out for you with that? I got it on one of the waves daily deals things, but it's not something that grabs me compared to the competition.
kyodeejay wrote:Mine is Spire, followed really close by Sylenth1.
they weren't launched in 2016 though

zxant wrote: 
Don't forget Wiggle ! .:)

No love for this one?

Wiggle is certainly the coolest thing released this year and probably only one I'd like to have. It is innovative, streamlined and looks cool. It moves!
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

OneOfManyPauls wrote:
EnGee wrote:So far, my vote goes to Waves Element 2.
I'm surprised to see that get a vote - what is it that stands out for you with that? I got it on one of the waves daily deals things, but it's not something that grabs me compared to the competition.
I find it really a great synth. I love its sound and design. It's still growing in me the more I use it :)

Return to “Instruments”