Waves Scheps 'Parallel Particles'

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

metalifuxx wrote:The new "Burruppa", a hybrid taco burrito
Sounds delicious!

metalifuxx wrote:These kinds of plugins remind me of how fast food chains "create" new food items.

The new "Burruppa", a hybrid taco burrito which all we did was re-arrange the same ingredients, put the cheese on the outside, changed the color of the shell, name it some funky catchy name, package it in some new awkward big box that serves no purpose, and have some we'll known tv personality endorse it in our commercials. We know it tastes the same as every other item on our menu but you'll buy it and eat it anyway.
Funny I've equated Waves (in my thoughts) to that of Taco Bell. That is the Waves mantra. It is all the same meat, cheese, and sauce tweaked a little bit and wrapped differently as a unique, fresh menu item.

That said, there are only so many ways you can affect sound waves.. and they are a business that needs to continue to 'innovate' to catch the novice and hobbyist market to that they as of recent seem to be catering (and not stagnate as a company). And if these plugins are used as tools to get a desired result, then go for it. :hihi:

Robert Randolph wrote:
ontol wrote: Nothing wrong with instant results, but it would seem to get in the way of skill development for beginners due to the fact what the plugin is doing to the sound isn't as readily apparent as it would be reading the dial/display of more traditional signal processing software.
I feel the same way about people that didn't build their own house.
I hear Taylor Swift hired an Architect AND a builder for her house. Shameful. Bet she won't even mow her own grass. Whatever that means.

I kinda want this plugin.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Right now- Live video of Andrew Scheps on Waves' Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/waves/

Can we get that Mehtallica Death Magnetic sound with this Plug-in?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Can we get that Mehtallica Death Magnetic sound with this Plug-in?
Man that's easy even without this.
All my "mastering" sounds like that.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

:lol:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Can we get that Mehtallica Death Magnetic sound with this Plug-in?

VitaminD wrote:
metalifuxx wrote:These kinds of plugins remind me of how fast food chains "create" new food items.

The new "Burruppa", a hybrid taco burrito which all we did was re-arrange the same ingredients, put the cheese on the outside, changed the color of the shell, name it some funky catchy name, package it in some new awkward big box that serves no purpose, and have some we'll known tv personality endorse it in our commercials. We know it tastes the same as every other item on our menu but you'll buy it and eat it anyway.
Funny I've equated Waves (in my thoughts) to that of Taco Bell. That is the Waves mantra. It is all the same meat, cheese, and sauce tweaked a little bit and wrapped differently as a unique, fresh menu item.

That said, there are only so many ways you can affect sound waves.. and they are a business that needs to continue to 'innovate' to catch the novice and hobbyist market to that they as of recent seem to be catering (and not stagnate as a company). And if these plugins are used as tools to get a desired result, then go for it. :hihi:
Kinda... But you've got to realise that this is based on actually effects chains that Scheps has been working with for a number of years. There is a very good chance that many devices in this chain hadn't actually been modelled before by Waves. So they would then have to spend a bit of time in R&D and DSP programming modelling these analogue chain components.

It's also nit like they can just grab their C1 and stick the BSS badge on it, or a DBX badge. So it's clear they have to actually put the handwork in.

They are at an advantage, however, if they do find other uses for their IP. The Electric 88 EP would be a good example where they had to design their sample playback engine, but were more than likely able to reach into their archives for their on board effect processing, saving them from having to reinvent the wheel.

On the plus side, they can pass the savings down to the consumer. Electric 88 is actually quite impressive, but so is its price!!

This is not just a Wave thing, to reuse Ip in parts. Almost every company out there repurposes technology to use in other products, it makes smart business sense.

Return to “Effects”