Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

It's the idea that someone else owns the product that I went out of my way to paid outright for. That someone else tells me what I can and cannot do with my personal computer, that someone else tells me what I'm allowed to do with the things that I paid for and I own. Someone that I don't even know. Then there is the security concerns and the fact that there are a lot of technical problems that people have with ilok. It isn't above bugging out for a while rendering your instrument useless. You have extra technical devices that can fail and you have to carry around with you. Why would I want to give my information to a third party to sell and harass me?

Welcome to the world of software licenses. :) You do own the license to use the software, nothing else. You don't own the product. You don't even own your operating system. The only thing you own on your computer is the hardware. And even then, you're not allowed to do certain things with it, like backwards engineering, and using patented stuff for your own product, and what not. Not quite sure what the concern is in this case anyway though. Even with "onboard" copy protection schemes, you could be scared of everything you listed.

recursive one wrote:I would prefer C/R. Never had any issues with NI or Izotope C/R, even when I had to reinstall all my software at once on a new machine. But if the synth is as good as I expect it to be I'll buy a dongle, hope it won't conflict with the other things plugged into my PC.
Don't know about iZotope as I have all their stuff on my iLok, but the NI system is something of a special case, out of all my CR software NI and Arturia plugins were the only CR ones I didn't have to reauthorise after replacing my motherboard, so the use of the activation centre model seems to work much better than bog standard CR. The rest were an absolute pain to do so compared to the dongle and serial protected stuff which was just working as usual. Some I had to go begging to devs to get new licenses for, now that really makes me feel it's not mine far more than a dongle ever did.

Yeah just trying to minimize it.

chk071 wrote:Welcome to the world of software licenses. :) You do own the license to use the software, nothing else. You don't own the product. You don't even own your operating system. The only thing you own on your computer is the hardware. And even then, you're not allowed to do certain things with it, like backwards engineering, and using patented stuff for your own product, and what not. Not quite sure what the concern is in this case anyway though. Even with "onboard" copy protection schemes, you could be scared of everything you listed.

Welcome to the limitless world of software. Where you are always a legitimate criminal. I'll hang up and listen now that this thread has been high jacked.

...and I just got this in my email LOL.

Update on Product Updates: iLok License Manager 3.0
For users that choose iLok to authorize their iZotope plug-ins, we know there have been some compatibility issues with iLok License Manager 3.0. Our team has been working hard to address the issues, and though it's taken a little longer than expected, product updates will be ready by mid-August. Thank you for your patience!

4damind wrote:Hopefully it's eLicenser, so we don't see this synth flying around the web shortly after the release.
Exactly! Protect it as good as you can to protect the investment of your customers. :tu:
No protection no value. Don't listen to these clowns who wouldn't mind setting up a giant hardware modular system on a club gig - but are highly afraid of a small USB dongle... :dog:

Dasheesh wrote:I'll hang up and listen now that this thread has been high jacked.
Yeah it has. By yet another dongle troll.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

tedannemann wrote:
4damind wrote:Hopefully it's eLicenser, so we don't see this synth flying around the web shortly after the release.
Don't listen to these clowns who wouldn't mind setting up a giant hardware modular system on a club gig - but are highly afraid of a small USB dongle... :dog:
Nice strawman.

Uncracked or cracked, it doesn't matter because dongle = less sales. Simple as that. There are so many people against dongles that it will affect on sales, that is sure. Manuel, borrow U-he's simple serial copy protection. It is well known for hard to crack and it is very user friendly. But i am like 99% sure that you guys will keep using that Steinberg dongle sh*t :)

I really like the eLisencer. very solid protection and easy to use. absolutely no issues at all, never. and I actually like knowing the fact that the software I'm using isn't cracked...

what Vengeance need to work on tough, is a better way to sell and transfer licenses between users (in the aftermarket).

Plot twist, dev probably didn't disclose the copy protection to try prevent his thread being hijacked

My condolences

why anyone would want C/R instead of a dongle is beyond me.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

keel wrote:Uncracked or cracked, it doesn't matter because dongle = less sales.
Do you have some numbers for this "less sales"? Vengeance already sells plugins protected with eLicenser and with my knowledge they are still in business, so the sales are good and they having happy customers.

I'm relatively sure with a serial or C/R protection this synth will be seen shortly after the release on all websites providing such pirated software. Yes, this is good for the poor people but not for the company and not for us loyal customers.

keel wrote:Uncracked or cracked, it doesn't matter because dongle = less sales. Simple as that.
Please, don't hesitate to post some sales figures which prove your claim.

Return to “Instruments”