Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

May we have a general thread about dongle vs other schemes of copy protection and stick to discussing the synth itself in this one?

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=467241
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:May we have a general thread about dongle vs other schemes of copy protection and stick to discussing the synth itself in this one?

That's too rational solution, gonna pass. :lol:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

nvmd
Last edited by chk071 on Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zexila wrote:
recursive one wrote:May we have a general thread about dongle vs other schemes of copy protection and stick to discussing the synth itself in this one?

Well, at least now we know that there are two Kanye Wests among us, so it wasn't a completely useless try :)

xcentric wrote:
tedannemann wrote:
4damind wrote:Hopefully it's eLicenser, so we don't see this synth flying around the web shortly after the release.
Don't listen to these clowns who wouldn't mind setting up a giant hardware modular system on a club gig - but are highly afraid of a small USB dongle... :dog:
Nice strawman.
Ha ha, due to trolls like you I am already working for reFX, Lethal Audio, Softube and now Vengeance (see my last posts here on kvr). Believe it or not there are working pros who prefer the easy concept of a simple dongle. No multiple accounts, serial numbers, codes, responses, activation counters, no nothing. Just put in the thing and you're good to go. And overall I want my investment to be protected. Could be another clever protection scheme (cp. u-he), I don't care. But I do care if every YouTube kid is using the software for free I spent my hard earned money for.

Anyway, please keep Avenger coming. All I can say is "Shut up and take my money!" :D.

tedannemann wrote: But I do care if every YouTube kid is using the software for free I spent my hard earned money for.
Never understood why this should be an issue. I don't care if a guy next door uses a cracked copy of the software I've paid for, but I care about the fact that I'm investing into further development or at least maintenance of the products i'm using (putting the moral considerations aside).

Actually I think that popluarity of cracked versions may promote sales of legal copies, but this is the topic for that another thread nobody cares about ;)

recursive one wrote:
tedannemann wrote: But I do care if every YouTube kid is using the software for free I spent my hard earned money for.
Never understood why this should be an issue. I don't care if a guy next door uses a cracked copy of the software I've paid for, but I care about the fact that I'm investing into further development or at least maintenance of the products i'm using (putting the moral considerations aside).

Actually I think that popluarity of cracked versions may promote sales of legal copies, but this is the topic for that another thread nobody cares about ;)
Simple behavioral economics. I can't see the point why I should pay the development for (participating) criminals (too). It's illogical for me to spent "my money" for Avicii, so "he" can resize his Sylenth1 now. Maybe I have the wrong mindset here, but it makes absolutely no sense to me.

And by the way I have a legitimate Sylenth1 copy anyhow. Two activations allowed. PC + Laptop activated. Before a new activation you have to "deactivate" the old one. Then there was this El Capitan bug which changed the hardware ID of your computer for a day. Guess what? I was f**ked in the middle of a production. All this c/r bulllshit software suddenly didn't work anymore. I was emailing Spectrasonics, LennarDigital and all the other c/r companies to justify why I need new activations even I didn't deactivate the old ones (just before the weekend (manual correspondence + time differences, bug wasn't known then). It took a whole day to get my computer back on track. A day later Apple fixed the bug. Guess what? Yep, all c/r again!
iLok and USB-eLicenser, you may ask? Oh they did just work fine! Regardless of my hardware ID, new motherboard, new system, new computer, virus, crash or whatever. They just work!

Popularity of cracked versions may promote sales of legal copies? No, just no! Ask any software developer who is making a living out of it or any big software company. This is a myth, a hoax.
Popularity? Yes. Promoting sales? No, just no.
I mean this is simple economics too.

Well, Music Radar is hardly the most relable source of infromation, yet it may be relevant that it puts FL Studio and Live on first and second places in their most poplar DAW list (both are easily cracked afaik and both are used in every second youtube tutorial), while the uncrackable Cubase is only on sixth place. Of course, this doesn't reflect the sale figures anyhow, but both Image Line and Ableton seem to be alive and well and have huge legal user base.

http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/tech/ ... day-238905

recursive one wrote:
Zexila wrote:

Well, at least now we know that there are two Kanye Wests among us, so it wasn't a completely useless try :)
Third appeared. :lol:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

tedannemann wrote:
xcentric wrote:
tedannemann wrote:
4damind wrote:Hopefully it's eLicenser, so we don't see this synth flying around the web shortly after the release.
Don't listen to these clowns who wouldn't mind setting up a giant hardware modular system on a club gig - but are highly afraid of a small USB dongle... :dog:
Nice strawman.
Ha ha, due to trolls like you I am already working for reFX, Lethal Audio, Softube and now Vengeance (see my last posts here on kvr). Believe it or not there are working pros who prefer the easy concept of a simple dongle. No multiple accounts, serial numbers, codes, responses, activation counters, no nothing. Just put in the thing and you're good to go. And overall I want my investment to be protected. Could be another clever protection scheme (cp. u-he), I don't care. But I do care if every YouTube kid is using the software for free I spent my hard earned money for.

Anyway, please keep Avenger coming. All I can say is "Shut up and take my money!" :D.
More strawman. Have you thought of the possibility that both people who like and don't like dongles could both be happy? Have you heard of a thing called options? You come off as quite irrational yet I'm the troll.

I guess it depends on what your priorities are. Do you hate dongles more than you want the synth? I don't let any particular copy protection stop me from buying a synth if I want the synth. I prefer copy protections that, if I were to have a PC crash, are the least hassle getting back up and running, but even then, if I want the synth, I'll buy it even if it means that I have to contact the company to reregister my software on a new machine.

Like I said, priorities.

Jesus this looks insane. I am wondering if some of the features on here were intended to be included in Vanguard 2. Also love the idea of visual modulation and drag-and-drop; super important as the traditional Mod Matrix is pretty unintuitive for folks like me. I really hope that the CPU hit isn't too terrible either.
"FriendZone"

paulm12 wrote:Jesus this looks insane. I am wondering if some of the features on here were intended to be included in Vanguard 2.
Yeah maybe, I also think of it as an opened up nexus, will probably have fewer expansions though judging by previous VPS releases

I am suprised to read so many "pro" dongle posts after all

Sounds like a big set of features.... competition for Omnisphere2/Falcon...?

Return to “Instruments”