Which copy protection scheme do you prefer?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

Which copy protection scheme do you prefer?

Dongle
11%
Software licensing centre
4%
Software ilock/e-licenser
2%
C/R
1%
Serial
32%
Keyfile
25%
Download package created individually for each customer
13%
Other
1%
I use only free software
2%
I'm Kanye West
8%

Total votes: 148

RELATED
PRODUCTS

chaosWyrM wrote: but hey...if no one else cares about being treated like crap...i guess im the weirdo. :shrug:
Or maybe people don't consider it as being "treated like crap"? Is your mind open enough to accept that as a possibility?

chk071 wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote: but hey...if no one else cares about being treated like crap...i guess im the weirdo. :shrug:
Or maybe people don't consider it as being "treated like crap"? Is your mind open enough to accept that as a possibility?
oh...im sure they dont think theyre being treated like crap.
ImageImageImage

Mmh... but you're obviously convinced that they have to feel like crap, because you think it has to be like that. Well... :wink:

At least i can say that i don't feel treated like crap. Only that there's one less spare USB port. :? As i have a keyboard which has a USB port, it's not much of a problem though. ;)

chk071 wrote:Mmh... but you're obviously convinced that they have to feel like crap, because you think it has to be like that. Well... :wink:

At least i can say that i don't feel treated like crap. Only that there's one less spare USB port. :? As i have a keyboard which has a USB port, it's not much of a problem though. ;)
ummm....did you not read what i said?

im said im sure they do NOT feel like they are being treated like crap.

feeling like you are being treated like crap has no bearing on if you are being treated like crap or not.

i cant help it if you have so little self respect as to not feel like you are being treated like crap when a company makes you pay extra money to a third party for an extra point of failure...none of which is necessary for the functioning of the software, and in fact makes the software function worse.

i cant help it if you dont feel like youre being treated like crap when you have to pay money to jump through hoops to use something you purchased...and get absolutely ZERO benefit from those hoops.

you may not feel like youre being treated like crap...but you are. the fact that you dont feel like it is exactly why they get away with it.

but dont sweat it...like i said before...im the weirdo in this tale. just keep your head down and dont look at the man behind the curtain...youll be alright.
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote:
chk071 wrote:Mmh... but you're obviously convinced that they have to feel like crap, because you think it has to be like that. Well... :wink:

ummm....did you not read what i said?

im said im sure they do NOT feel like they are being treated like crap.
Actually, no. You said that they don't feel like being treated like crap. That means they're treated like crap, but they don't feel it. According to you. That's your opinion which you are entitled to, but you make it seem like it's a fact, which it is not. I could also claim that you have no fun in life. Just because you do feel happy doesn't mean that i couldn't argue that i feel like you are not entitled to feel happy with your life, if, according to my beliefs, you're life is not worth being happy with.

Anway, this leads to nothing. Just understand, please, that i don't feel like being treated as crap when using dongles, and that your opinion is not the center of the world.

chk071 wrote: Actually, no. You said that they don't feel like being treated like crap. That means they're treated like crap, but they don't feel it. .
wtf are you on about????

yes...thats is what i said.

and its not an opinion. its a fact. making your customers pay extra money for NO benefit to them and in fact for the direct purpose of inconveniencing them is treating them like crap.
ImageImageImage

I prefer serial/key file protection.

Maybe a dongle can save time if a user need to reinstall and authorize many plugs on a new computer. But if the dongle is lost or destroyed, you are f*cked :scared:

chaosWyrM wrote:
chk071 wrote: Actually, no. You said that they don't feel like being treated like crap. That means they're treated like crap, but they don't feel it. .
wtf are you on about????

and its not an opinion. its a fact.
Ok, then let's stop the discussion then at this point. I won't argue with people who think their opinion is a fact.

chaosWyrM wrote:
wtf are you on about????
+1

Time to refresh that course in English

chk071 wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:
wtf are you on about????

Ok, then let's stop the discussion then at this point. I won't argue with people who think their opinion is a fact.
its not an opinion. when you purposely inconvenience people and charge them extra money for it on top...you are treating them like crap.

the only other businesses that get away with that are banks...but at least everyone knows their bank treats them like crap.
ImageImageImage

Numanoid wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:
wtf are you on about????
+1

Time to refresh that course in English
Let's see... has no idea what is being talked about... enters the thread to make a snippy comment about someone who had beef with him recently... has nothing else useful to add to the conversation... hm... must be a Numatroll. ;)

Btw, i thought you had me on your foe list. Again, please add me to it, if you haven't actually, that would save me for having to reply to your useless posts.

chaosWyrM wrote:
chk071 wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:
wtf are you on about????

its not an opinion. when you purposely inconvenience people and charge them extra money for it on top...you are treating them like crap.

the only other businesses that get away with that are banks...but at least everyone knows their bank treats them like crap.
Jeez man. If you can't distinguish between a "Treated like crap!!!" opinion, and a fact, then it's pretty hopeless to communicate really. No, i don't feel like being treated as crap. I don't consider a dongle treating people like crap. Please open your mind, and stop to try to stomp your narrow-minded opinions into people.

chk071 wrote:Let's see... has no idea what is being talked about... enters the thread to make a snippy comment about someone who had beef with him recently
Get over yourself :help:

I just saw some laughable attempt at reasoning, and decided to post my opinon against it.

Doesn't matter if it is you or somebody else.

I see some laughable attempt at making sense. As usual, it's a total failure.

chk071 wrote: Please open your mind, and stop to try to stomp your narrow-minded opinions into people.
said the pot.

im not the one who cant see how they are being treated like crap...even though its been shown to me several times. perahps you should open your mind beyond your little narrow field of view about how you feel, and look to the larger picture of whats going on around you.

which directly goes back to my initial comment about how the people being treated like crap dont feel like they are being treated like crap....and so of course dont want to know and dont care.

so i reiterate....if no one else cares about being treated like crap...i guess im the weirdo. :shrug:
Last edited by chaosWyrM on Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”