HoRNet AnalogStage

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bungle wrote:
swatwork wrote:Fair enough. I just felt your post came over as a bit dismissive of a new poster who's clearly not a native English speaker.
A new poster who says he prefers to not just listen with his ears.....
Very obvious he can not speak or type english, and would be better put asking his question somewhere in his native language, where he may make sense.
It's "obviously" in this case (it's an adverb), not "obvious" - are you a native English speaker yourself, if I may ask?

He made perfect sense to me, Engrish or not - if he didn't make sense to you then I assume your own language skills leave something to be desired. Language prowess is not only about expression but also about comprehension. ;-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

bungle wrote:
swatwork wrote:Fair enough. I just felt your post came over as a bit dismissive of a new poster who's clearly not a native English speaker.
A new poster who says he prefers to not just listen with his ears.....
Very obvious he can not speak or type english, and would be better put asking his question somewhere in his native language, where he may make sense.
Well if you eat a supersized Double Whopper menu everyday, and your tongue says that each meal individually tastes quite good but then after a while you wonder why you've gotten fat and you generally feel like shit... this is kind of like what aliasing is. It's the digital audio equivalent to calories.

And you really shouldn't be putting down non-native speakers. I'm not a native speaker yet he made perfect sense to me.

What ?
I didn't put anybody down, I suggested asking the question in his native language would make more sense, then we get nonsense posts like both of you above.

And the poster did say he prefers to not listen with just his ears, if you understand that then i have no comment at all on your musical skills, nevermind your language skills.
Duh

bungle wrote:.

And the poster did say he prefers to not listen with just his ears, if you understand that then i have no comment at all on your musical skills, nevermind your language skills.
So you understood him indeed and that is not your problem at all...

you are probably not aware of the fact that you now basically insulted a LOT of people, including Saverio.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I apologize for my English. :( My native Russian. I will add the translation of my messages by means of other online translator later... Maybe it will be more clear.

Dn't worry - you were clear enough.

There is a certain point, where musicians are not complete beginners anymore yet have not matured enough as musicians to realize that their own knowledge and ability is still mimimal. And at that point they tend to become very arrogant, conceited, patronizing, boastful and they'll take any opportunity to try and belittle you because if you are doing it differently to them it must neccessarily mean you are doing it all wrong.

Example:
Sim.Sky wrote: If you're primarily concerned with math and data versus sound, well, mixing must be hard work for you I suppose .

KVR is full of these kind of people - and I must admit that a few years ago, I had my share in this type of behaviour. Little did I know.

jens wrote:Dn't worry - you were clear enough.

There is a certain point, where musicians are not complete beginners anymore yet have not matured enough as musicians to realize that their own knowledge and ability is still mimimal. And at that point they tend to become very arrogant, conceited, patronizing, boastful and they'll take any opportunity to try and belittle you because if you are doing it differently to them it must neccessarily mean you are doing it all wrong.

Example:
Sim.Sky wrote: If you're primarily concerned with math and data versus sound, well, mixing must be hard work for you I suppose .

KVR is full of these kind of people - and I must admit that a few years ago, I had my share in this type of behaviour. Little did I know.
Seriously? You are blaming me for being insulting by explicitly removing my addition that that was definitely not my intention? :clap: I see, you must be a lot more qualified in terms of music production and mixing than I am, and probably than the rest of the world is. But you are even more so narrow-minded personally.

When I say that I imagine it hard to mix when you are not just using your ears but are concerned with lots of different things which you don't hear in the first place (but would maybe realize in the end) I simply mean just this: I imagine this way of mixing to be hard work. I never said that it's completely rubbish, nor did I say that my personal way of mixing is the perfect one. I said it because I thought maybe it would be helpful in one way or the other (yes, I know - this particular sentence must be hard for you to swallow). I thought maybe the asking person would think 'Hey, yes, he's right - I'll try that' OR I thought he would give me a reason instead why I should sometimes change my opinion. And indeed, I learned a few things here that were not important to me until now, but that I will pay attention to, if I feel the need to.

And funny that YOU talk about arrogance - your post is so full of self-righteousness, you must really think that you are one morally perfect human. Congrats to that!

And to the person who initially asked the question: I apologize if my answer came across somewhat devaluating or negative towards you. That was never my intention. Besides, I'm not a native English speaker either and would certainly be one of the last to mock about anyone who's English is not perfect.

The dude just wants to know if this plugin has proper anti-aliasing.

So... can that be discussed?

Sim.Sky wrote:
Seriously? You are blaming me for being insulting by explicitly removing my addition that that was definitely not my intention? :clap:
I think you are an idiot, but hey, no offense meant.

See? You can say whatever you want to anyone, just as long as you add that you do not mean to be offensive, right? :clap:

Hi, can we please stick the thread to AnalogStage? It's not funny when people start attacking themselves on forums... and BTW i've never felt offended about anything, it's hard for me to get offended i know that i may like something and someone else may have tastes or ideas different from mine, that's all fine! :)

Regarding AnalogStage, AH-H you can easily measure the aliasing with a frequency analyzer, the plugin is oversampled internally depending on the sample rate of the project.
If you work at 44100 or 48000 the plug oversamples itself 4 times, if you work at 88200 or 96000 it oversamples 2 times, if you work at 176400 or more (192K) there is no oversampling.
This is done to keep a minimum quality of the saturation algorithm. Most of the plugins we make work like this, for example the new Spikes oversamples 8x at 44100...

Saverio

I started this thread but still haven't checked this plugin out properly :hihi:

I'm waiting for the next 50% sale, Saverio ;)

Wondering how it compares to Waves NLS, Satson, Charly, MH Character, SKnote StripBus etc etc

My favourite warming thing at the moment is the "Magic Mastering" preset in Saturn.

Tested on Sweep tone 44.1 \ 32, as it is more realistic to use the plugin displays in real terms than the tone 1hkz. The music signal is not one frequency.
The input signal was -18RMS level, its peak was -18db level. Saturation and hiss included. Headroom 18db. On Op.Amp (as I understand it the purest of the three) no aliasing. If Headroom put in 0, audible aliasing. In the other two he heard and Headroom 18db and thus increases as it approaches the 0db ... How much it will be bad signal on the real music? I do not know...

I believe that all plug-ins simulate nonlinear analog oversampling should be not less than x8. Second should be a choice of more oversampling (x16, x32, x64), for the use of this option on the extreme plugin settings.

Actually I have long been a question to the developers of these plug-ins. The point here is such a plugin? Their f*cking f*cking bunch. No plug-ins to do here, really emulate analog distortion, ie without any intervention of digital artifacts. And what do they do? They reduce the CPU load losing quality. After all, this country of great load on the processor, longer than that of other plug-ins and deters customers confused ... Although this can be solved by making the highest quality at render time, the example of The Glue. But who cares, right ... After all, most of those who are engaged in music do not understand such moments (and how I was recently), will continue to lead the words of "Analog", the beautiful interface image ...

Damn, just tired already from all this ...

Interesting VST. I will check it out.

---------------------
AH-H wrote:Boiled:
Damn, just tired already from all this ...
here..traditional swedish analog stage. :ud:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7UmUX68KtE
- WonderEcho -

AH-H wrote:The music signal is not one frequency.
But it's also not equal amplitude at all frequencies. Music is more like pink noise than white noise, and most instruments have the bulk of their energy in the low mids. So with proper gainstaging the high freqs will generally be very quiet and so aliasing will not be nearly as bad as a sine sweep will show. I think a pink sweep (with 1khz at -18dbfs) would be more realistic although i've never tried that myself.

Of course it's not an excuse not to have higher standards against aliasing, but if you want a console emu on all tracks it's very tough to run it at 8x. So i think in this case just good gainstaging and being careful with high freqs is a pretty good compromise to make.

is analogstage a no latency plugin?

Return to “Effects”