News! Satin & Presswerk updated

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Presswerk Satin

Hi all,

With this release we're finishing off our round of maintenance updates that started almost a year ago. We now have all of our commercial products in rock solid state: We've met the challenges that followed the transition to multicore CPUs for DAWs on all platforms, among other things and paradigm changes that plug-in formats were not originally meant to tackle. We're also fading out support for XP and MacOS X 10.5 for future releases, opening up new possibilities to improve our software.

The Presswerk update posed a special challenge, because we fixed a stupid oversight which caused projects done in a few hosts on Windows to not open on Mac and vice-versa. For this we wrote a special software tool and revamped VST3 support to give VST2 Win users all options for a painless transition. That's why it took a bit longer, but now it's tried and tested by many users, whom we wish to thank for their support and help.

Anyhow, here's it:

Satin 1.3 (rev 4596):
  • adds VST3 support
  • new configuration panel
  • a few minor bugfixes and improvements
Download from https://www.u-he.com/cms/satin
Release Notes: http://www.u-he.com/downloads/Satin/releasenotes.txt

Presswerk 1.1.1 (rev 4596):
  • adds VST3 support
  • VST2 Win ID / cross-platform issue bugfix
  • improved skin (makes "original plus" obsolete) and overall smoother experience
  • some more bugfixes and improvements
Download from https://www.u-he.com/cms/presswerk
Release Notes: http://www.u-he.com/downloads/Presswerk ... enotes.txt

To update, as always, just download and install over existing versions. Presswerk users on Windows please check out the included guide to Presswerk cross-platform issue for further update options and recommendations.

Enjoy,

- Urs

Thanks Urs. VST3 is working well now.

When installing Satin on Win 10, I get the following runtime error:

Runtime Error (at 88:853):

IpersistFile::Save failed; code 0x80070005.

Access is denied

Daverock wrote:When installing Satin on Win 10, I get the following runtime error:

Runtime Error (at 88:853):

IpersistFile::Save failed; code 0x80070005.

Access is denied
Please contact support at u-he dot com - we're trying to figure it out.

(It's something that happened a few times on and off over the years, I'll need to dig deep to find what our solution usually was)

Never happened with any of your installers over the years so caught me off guard. I suspect it is me but thankful of your support.

for reference: I only have what comes with Win 10 installed so no added virus software.

As described in your help, I deleted the old satin and the installer worked flawlessly.

Thank you

I've had problems using the 32-bit VST2 Satin update (130_4596) in EnergyXT2.7 and Orion 8.5 on Win7 (64-bit). Satin 1.2.0 works fine in each DAW, but the update causes each DAW to crash upon trying to load Satin as an Insert FX, or as an instrument track for subsequent manual routing. The 32-bit VST2 130 update does work in Cubase LE AI Elements 6. The 64-bit VST2 plugin works in Studio One v2, as does the VST3 update which I managed to install by electing to only install the VST3 plugins and specifying a a different folder for the data directory, so this isn't a showstopper as long as I remember to only update the VST3 plugins and the correct data directory in the future.

I just tried it with Orion (on Windows 10 though). The 64 bit version of Orion had no problems loading Satin. But Satin was indeed not found in the 32 bit version of Orion. Orion 32 bit has its own plugin scanner, and when it has some trouble scanning Satin, then it won't appear inside Orion. But you could maybe try the following:
-go to the Orion installation folder (usually something like C:/programs(x86)/Orion)
-there is a file called vstcfg.txt
-this is where you can add plugins that should be loaded regardless of what the plugin scanner does
-add a line: Satin=0 and save the text file
-this will add Satin as an effect
-you might have to fiddle with the Windows write permissions (at least I had to, since it did not let me save the file at first)
-open Orion, go to Options > VST paths and activate the rescan at startup option
-now restart Orion
-if all went well, Satin should now be visible in the vst effects list and can be loaded without problems

At least this worked for me, but I only tried the VST2 version so far.
Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I'll try out your suggestion later in the week. I'm also thinking about moving to Studio One in the future. Another learning curve.....

OT: Some love for Presswerk by Scott Hansen aka Tycho in

The Art of Listening

Music Documentary (2017)

ZebraTamer wrote:OT: Some love for Presswerk by Scott Hansen aka Tycho in

The Art of Listening

Music Documentary (2017)
Thank you! :)

I have an old error appeared in Satin. It searches for resouces in C:/Vstplugins which has nothing common with installation folder...

RO-mix wrote:I have an old error appeared in Satin. It searches for resouces in C:/Vstplugins which has nothing common with installation folder...
In general, Satin looks for a Satin.data folder in the path where the plugin .dll is.
If there's no folder, it looks for a Satin.data shortcut that points to the location of the actual Satin.data folder.
If your Satin looks for a specific path on your drive that isn't found, then either you deleted your Satin.data folder or the Satin.data shortcut points to an invalid location.
Depending on which formats and architectures you have installed and you're trying to load, there could be several possible locations on your hard drive to look for those Satin.data files.

If you don't find the problem on your own with the information I posted above, it may involve a lot of folder and file searching (or not) on your specific system. I really wouldn't want to spam a release thread with back-and-forth posts looking for what's an individual (rather than universal) solution to this issue. :)

So in that case just send an eMail to support at u-he dot com and mention the issue and your installation path(s), and we'll deal with it in-depth. :tu:
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Thank you.

Return to “u-he”