The Adventure Begins (A Cinematic Fanfare)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

Here's a new track that I've been working on. It's a pretty straightforward cinematic fanfare sort of piece. As always, your comments and critiques are very welcome! Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/davidstiles/the-adventure-begins

Very good. This sounds professional to me. It put me in a cheerful mood too. Mix sounded good also.

very enjoyable string of notes here, Sir! really liked the attack of the brass. It came over crisp and clear on my phones.
Big and spacey without sounding too over-verbed. fine work :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Another good piece of work. Nice dynamics/arranging. And was that really a glockenspiel I heard?!

However... Maybe the balance twixt the brass and strings could be tilted a bit more towards the brass?

Good listening experience. :tu:

Very nice David! Lovely melodies weaving in and out of each other...
Mix sounds good to me.
Like the part at 2:00 the best.
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thanks, Hezekiel, layzer, Ayorinde and Allomerus! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Ayorinde, I know what you mean about the brass. I spent quite a bit of time playing this track through with slightly different balances between the brass and strings, and also with different EQing of the brass. I found that when I brought up the brass, I liked the additional bass presence, but found the treble element a bit grating and was unable to EQ it down in a way that pleased my ears. Even now, I'm not totally satisfied with the balance I achieved, but it was the best I seemed to be able to do.

Warm and old fashioned with lots of nice details. Very musically accomplished. The mix was good. :tu:

Thanks for listening and commenting, Frantz! And I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Nice tune. It has a very cheerful and optimistic vibe, well suited to its title. It would be perfect for OST use. Nicely mixed and with a very "warm" overall sound. I enjoyed it.

Good work :)

Thank you, seismic1! I'm happy you liked it.

Return to “Music Cafe”