Logic ES2 vs Sylenth1?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So apart from the Mystery Islands ones what other ES2 sound sets are worth getting?

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Not bad, but Sylenth1 and Spire sound better to me for those kind of sounds.

chk071 wrote:Not bad, but Sylenth1 and Spire sound better to me for those kind of sounds.
For sure, that would be my choice too. :tu:

But in all fairness, there's no EQ or compressor on ES2, so yeah, pretty nice really :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

It's funny, isn't it? I mean, they all sounds so similar... with the first sound in that sound demo, i thought it was Sylenth1. And Spire even has the same kind of parameter values as Sylenth1, for example, on the amp envelope, the attack is a bit opened on Spire, just like it is on Sylenth1. And the envelopes sound very similar, yet not quite the same. The arp functionality is almost the same, and the arp modes and velocity modes are exactly the same. Almost seems like it stood model for the functionality, and sound of Spire to a degree. ;) Yes, they sound different, but pretty similar, and i was quite successful in copying sounds from Sylenth1 in a way, where they almost sounded identical.

Almost always end up with Spire in the end, probably personal preference, but never first choice, almost always go for something else that kinda sounds fatter and than after doing whole mix shootout and even testing on people, Spire starts showing true colors and shinning through. :lol:

ES2.. highly underrated as are all the logic synths. It's interesting how, still, the best synths are out there are often very old code.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

I found that for some kinds of psytrance-specific sounds I prefer Sylenth over Spire. It sounds fatter and warmer, and the filter with it's charateristic squelchy resonance is very good for acidic sequences (remember arp303 saw? I tried to recreate this in Spire but it is not quite there)
Last edited by recursive one on Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

do_androids_dream wrote:ES2.. highly underrated as are all the logic synths. It's interesting how, still, the best synths are out there are often very old code.
Yeah, it seems there's no real evolution in quality with new ones or best coders aren't doing them.

Zexila wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:ES2.. highly underrated as are all the logic synths. It's interesting how, still, the best synths are out there are often very old code.
Yeah, it seems there's no real evolution in quality with new ones or best coders aren't doing them.
As long as people are constantly asking for new features and don't care about the sound character, this is unlikely to change.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:I found that for some kinds of psytrance-specific sounds I prefer Sylenth over Spire. It sounds fatter and warmer, and the filter with it's charateristic squelchy resonance is very good for acidic sequences (remember arp303 saw? I tried to recreate this in Spire but it is not quite there)
It might have to do with the filter resonance in Spire. That's the one thing i dislike about it, when you turn up the resonance, it could sound more pleasing, and also get wilder. The filters are pretty great, except for this one thing. Sylenth1 not only gets more "self-resonating" when you turn up the resonance, it also sounds more pleasing. There are synths which do that even better though. Diversions analog filters are pretty nice in that regard for example. I hope they will work on the resonant behavior of the filters in Spire, if they improved that, it would be pretty unbeatable for me. :)

whoops, double post.

My English is really bad ... I am grateful to members of this forum for understanding and help in correcting my mistakes :-)

Zexila wrote:
I guess it's rather a matter of "taste". The possibilities are there, but what is that worth if you make the synth sound unpleasing. :shrug: That's also a point i always noticed about many soft synths. Yes, they sound detailled and all that, but the overall character is just a bit lame. At least to my ears.

Ulysses65 wrote:My English is really bad ... I am grateful to members of this forum for understanding and help in correcting my mistakes :-)
Alright. :) Also excuse my a bit harsh reply, i didn't mean no offense, i simply thought you had asked how to make any of those sounds, while you really meant how people like those sounds. My bad.

Return to “Instruments”