Behringer Analog Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

700 for a 12 voice poly analog synth ?

Its not possible

£700 = $922 (let's say, $1000 MSRP) or almost twice the cost of a Minilogue. Put me on the list, please.

:tu:
바보

treebeard wrote:The ask.com article which first mentioned the €500 price has now been updated - they are now saying they don't believe that it is true and expect it to be more like €700!
Yeah but since they also write that the 500€ was from an unconfirmed source their 700€ estimate is no less of pure speculation than every other bid so far.

If Behringer has planned to get this guessing contest going until NAMM 2017 they surely have some balls. At some point people will get impatience, if not pissed, I guess, and may turn attention to real life products like the Parva synth or simply get back to the second hand market. Where I am somebody has just put a Tetra on sale for about 470€. Very tempting indeed.

I know people like to dream about having nice things at cheap prices, but to want (or in some cases, demand :roll: ) miracle pricing is ridiculous ($500 -- really? REALLY?). A business has to make enough money to remain in operation -- they can't keep making synths or other goods if they can't pay to keep the lights on.

And let's be realistic, this industry already operates on small margins -- if everyone races to the bottom, the whole thing will come unglued. Let's not vote for self-immolation, please and thank you. If this is anything less than $1000, then Behringer is guilty of malpractice (unless they're putting out something at the same quality as the Timbre Wolf -- in which case, it's still malpractice, just in a different way...)

Edit: and in all likelihood, $1000 should still be considered too cheap.

Uli just posted this at Gear Slutz. That doesn't sound like a 500-700€ synth to me. Seems like the ground is prepared for something a good deal higher:
Dear all,

Thank you for the great comments and please allow me to clarify a few matters.

The DeepMind12 has 4 integrated FX Engines which can we used simultaneously but also synced to the synthesizer itself. Each engine is loaded with more than 30 high-quality FX algorithms from TC Electronic and Klark Teknik. These are true world-class FX, many of which have been derived from TC Electronic's acclaimed signal processors as well as Midas' high-end mixing consoles.

As a world's first, the DeepMind has built in Wifi and allows for full remote control of nearly all parameters - all through typical tablets.

While the price has not been confirmed nor any price indication been given to retailers, we like to manage expectations.
With approx. 4,000 components, the DeepMind12 is one of the most complex synthesizers that has ever been built. Due to its discrete design structure, it has vastly more components than you will likely find in any of the current synthesizers on the market.

While it has always been our company philosophy to work on very small margins, we would however never sacrifice component or manufacturing quality nor sell below cost. Like all our products, the DeepMind12 will come with a 3 Year Warranty program.

These are truly exciting times and thank you for all your interest and support :-)

Uli

exactly.

£5000.00 then.

IncarnateX wrote: Where I am somebody has just put a Tetra on sale for about 470€. Very tempting indeed.
http://www.proaudiostar.com/dave-smith- ... stock.html

$479 and free shipping

(Sadly, they were selling new tetras for less than that a month or so ago.)
바보

Mutant wrote:For anyone who can't hear the different LFO rate on the low and high notes of that chord:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12034678-post1406.html
"I like to clarify that these are 12 voices with each 2 DCO's and 2 LFO’s. The oscillators are DCO’s, which means these are digitally controlled analog oscillators; so the synth has 24 full-blown analog oscillators."
The good news there is it further opens up the possibility of the synth being multi-timbral! :)

absolutely.

Uncle E wrote:The good news there is it further opens up the possibility of the synth being multi-timbral! :)
I am afraid nothing seems to suggest that at this point. However it seemingly has a layerfunction and that could mean at least bi-timbrality.

IncarnateX wrote:Uli just posted this at Gear Slutz. That doesn't sound like a 500-700€ synth to me. Seems like the ground is prepared for something a good deal higher:
Yep, definitely. :lol:

IncarnateX wrote:Oh, the only-a-vco-is-truly-analog-argument?
You're right, it's not an accurate argument. I think it is accurate to say that all current DCO circuits sound measurably different from VCO circuits.
Personally I love DCOs as much as VCO
Agreed! Sometimes I even like DCO's more. The sound examples posted so far sound gloriously DCO and I love them for it. :)
sooner or later the sound will end up digitalized in a PC, so digital effects are just fine with me.
Completely agreed, especially since the TC Electronic TonePrint effects are so excellent. It's a very pleasant surprise to find out TC and Klark Teknik effects will be in it. Klark Teknik used to make some amazing reverbs. Also, a 4-part effects section does further point to the possibility of multi-timbrality.

I like the Minilogue but I would have preferred a digital multi-effects section (which Korg does really well in their other keyboards) over the relatively limited delay that it's in there.

IncarnateX wrote:Uli just posted this at Gear Slutz. That doesn't sound like a 500-700€ synth to me. Seems like the ground is prepared for something a good deal higher
Yes, I believe you're right, Uli spelled it out clearly right here:
Uli Behringer wrote:With approx. 4,000 components, the DeepMind12 is one of the most complex synthesizers that has ever been built. Due to its discrete design structure, it has vastly more components than you will likely find in any of the current synthesizers on the market.

Just wondering, but can you really distinguish between DCO's, and VCO's?? I mean, even analog fetishist are getting fooled by analog/soft synth blind tests...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”