Nomad Factory - Analog Studio Rack

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote:Who is it? Dimitry Sches or Big Tick?
The former.
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

just loaded the RACK.

with just a few minutes, i like the sound a lot.

need to spend some time, obviously.

but well worth the intro price i think.

at least a demo!
fred

sealsongs wrote:Just because his name is on it still doesn't answer the question...

that could be true but do you think he was hired to just copy the old code? couldn't a monkey do that?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

What is the intro period?
It's easy if you know how

And the individual modules are $10 on their own during the intro period too.

So that means esentially BBE Sonic Maximizer for $10? An alternative to The Glue for $10? Ten bux for a Pultec? :D

I guess that also begs the question: If you buy the rack bundle, can you use the modules separately (ie: Ozone Advanced)? Can anyone confirm/deny?

The FX appear as seperate plug-ins in Logic with the demo I installed yesterday, so it looks like yes :tu:

MogwaiBoy wrote:If you buy the rack bundle, can you use the modules separately (ie: Ozone Advanced)?
Yes you can.

Rad! How's CPU use? I'm at work - might demo over the weekend.

MogwaiBoy wrote:How's CPU use?
Quite low.

:tu:

i'm getting crashes with Studio One v3.2.3

just an FYI.

other than not being able to use it, i think it looks and sounds great.

Tp3 wrote:
jens wrote:Who is it? Dimitry Sches or Big Tick?
The former.
I see, thanks - I'm wondering if Big Tick is still in the boat too...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

On the plugivery site it says serial copy protection but it says online activation (C/R) on the Nomad Factory Site.

Which is it?
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

Not that I could bring myself to buy another EQ or Compressor, but I too wonder if this code is just warmed up from the past. For example, how do these modules different not only from past NF similar plugins but also from respective counterparts of Plug and Mix which I own already? I have never been much of a fan of Nomad Factory because their plugins have never actually "clicked" with me for one reason or the other. And it seems that they constantly reuse old algorithms under a new name. For example to me all their distortion and saturation plugins sound exactly the same (and the same goes for all the Plug and Mix stuff too) like they were all using exactly the same algorithm.
No signature here!

I tried the demo yesterday. It sounds ok, but the interface is just too small for my liking. It tires my eyes. And the knobs are small, so the adjustments made can be quite jumpy.

robotmonkey wrote:Not that I could bring myself to buy another EQ or Compressor, but I too wonder if this code is just warmed up from the past. For example, how do these modules different not only from past NF similar plugins but also from respective counterparts of Plug and Mix which I own already? I have never been much of a fan of Nomad Factory because their plugins have never actually "clicked" with me for one reason or the other. And it seems that they constantly reuse old algorithms under a new name. For example to me all their distortion and saturation plugins sound exactly the same (and the same goes for all the Plug and Mix stuff too) like they were all using exactly the same algorithm.
Why don't you check it yourself in VST Plugin Analyser? :)

Am I the only one who doesn't like the gate/expander module?
The EQs are standard, cramping ones. Too bad the compressors lack the autogain.
It's easy if you know how

Return to “Effects”