[poll]: Which version of KONTAKT do you use? (we need to know!)

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)

Which version of Kontakt do you use?

Kontakt 3.x
1%
Kontakt 4.x
6%
Kontakt 5.x
81%
Kontakt player only (free version)
12%

Total votes: 130

RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is very important, we as a Kontakt library developers need to know. Kontakt users, please vote!
Last edited by AndrasH on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PinkNoise Studio
follow us on facebook

AndrasH wrote:This is very important, we as a Kontakt library developers need to know. Kontakt users, please vote!
The Kontakt player isn't necessarily mutually exclusive to any version of Kontakt. Someone could have Kontakt 4 and the Kontakt 5 Player. Which would you want him to choose?

Unless you know you're going to pay NI for licensing your library to work with the player, I wouldn't ask about that. Assume everyone has it.

If you're really trying to find out which version of the file format to use, just remove the "Player" option.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

AndrasH wrote:This is very important, we as a Kontakt library developers need to know. Kontakt users, please vote!
hi andras, if you are thinking about updating your kontaktbanks libraries with a new and better kontakt gui i can only recommend it. i love your libraries but the kontakt 3 compatability with the limited gui is not really up to date compared to other sample packs.
cheers

As long as the user can use the free player, you can easily just develop for v5.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

planetearth wrote:If you're really trying to find out which version of the file format to use, just remove the "Player" option.
"I only use the Player version" would be more informative than removing it completely.

Guenon wrote:
planetearth wrote:If you're really trying to find out which version of the file format to use, just remove the "Player" option.
"I only use the Player version" would be more informative than removing it completely.
True.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Thanks for your feedbacks, very useful. I corrected the poll: "Kontakt player only"
PinkNoise Studio
follow us on facebook

You'll find that majority of userbase has moved on to K5 for quite some time now...

I do get the occasional complaint / request to do Kontakt 4 stuff, then again I also get requests not to use the latest version of 5 so err hum yeah. Thanks for doing the poll I've been curious about how widespread full Kontakt 5 is versus older version and / or Player.

Bear in mind that this is just 29 votes so far. Kontakt is being used by much more people (like, add 4 zeroes to 29, probably even more).

Regarding Kontakt 5 on Mac, it supported 10.6 up to a point before requiring 10.7 and then 10.8 etc. So some Mac users may be running K5, but not the latest version.
Image Image Image Image

bigcat1969 wrote:I do get the occasional complaint / request to do Kontakt 4 stuff, then again I also get requests not to use the latest version of 5 so err hum yeah.
Same here. Result: my new library has a Kontakt 4 option (vanilla instruments though).

For my Kontakt specific libraries I'm going to use Kontakt 5, but the earlier version that still works on Windows XP to broaden the compatibility.

I think continuing to support Kontakt 3 instruments is a bad idea.

Consider that Kontakt 3 is now 2 major versions old (and that's also not counting all the minor versions in-between).
Also with Kontakt 6 coming out sometime soon, it will then be 3 versions behind.

You have to make the cutoff at some point. It's up to you what that cutoff point actually is, but I wouldn't consider it worth the hassle for the handful of extra customers that you might pick up.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Many thanks to all users who voted. Of course I know this poll is not representative, but still, quite informative.
PinkNoise Studio
follow us on facebook

... and what decisions have been made?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”