Problems with new Acustica TAN compressor and Bitwig?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm having a hard time assigning bitwig macro controls to knobs in the new freeware compressor from Acustica - TAN.

What happens is that I assign the macro to any knob and once I move the macro even one pixel, the plugin knob flies almost instantly to max position and stays there. Moving the macro more doesn't do anything...

Can anyone confirm? It's a pretty good compressor otherwise.

Are these problems usually a Bitwig or plugin problem? There's similar behaviour in at least UVI Sparkverb that I know of.

do you move the macro with a midi controller or by mouse?

Suloo wrote:do you move the macro with a midi controller or by mouse?
mouse

Liero wrote:Are these problems usually a Bitwig or plugin problem? There's similar behaviour in at least UVI Sparkverb that I know of.
I personally would point at the plugin since thousands of other plugins work as expected in BWS, but you never know. I didn't try the TAN and don't have Sparkverb so can't confirm.
Sounds like a parameter range mismatch to me somehow.
Best to contact support of both companies.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I've reported this issue with acoustica plugins many times, since bitwig day one.

I've spoken to bitwig and to acoustica a few times now.

Still not resolved. :(

So what have been the comments from both sides? Blaming eachother?

This is a real shame because using macro controls is pretty much a dealbreaker for me, use them for almost everything... :(

Not blaming each other as such... Both saying they have confirmed it. Acoustica said at one point that it was to going to be fixed in the next update (it wasn't).

Be great if someone else could report it to their support other than myself. A few more reports may help them take it more seriously.

Best

happened to me before with nebula and acqua plugin very long ago.
i reported both bitwig and acustica.
no improvement then so i dont assign macro.

Return to “Bitwig”