Tangle: new modular FM synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

ThomasHelzle wrote:I also asked for that and learned that one can click between the connectors for more grabbing space. But I think a kind of title bar would be helpful anyway, since some nodes are hard to recognise.
Tom already said that he will look into it.

Cheers,

Tom
That pretty much gets me what I want :) , a visual cue would be helpful to new users I think. Thanks for the heads-up Tomas.

H-man wrote:... a visual cue would be helpful to new users I think.
Yes, definitely.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

emcee wrote:
widdershins wrote:
Aloysius wrote:I'd never buy Mangle from you. As a Neighbours fan from the 80s, I can't get past this face:

Nell Mangle. Not vey inspiring.

I like the sound of your new synth though, so I'm gonna check it out. :tu:
Bit before my time, I'm afraid: I'm a Neighbours fan from the 90s.
Neighbours actress Vivean Gray dies aged 92

Aaaaaand she's now passed.
http://www.9news.com.au/entertainment/2 ... es-aged-92
Don't Tech No for an Answer

Just installed it but i can't see it in my Ableton plugin folder on both laptop and PC. I'm using 64bit Windows 10, 64bit Ableton.

Maybe it was another plugin, but I kinda remember it installing both 32 and 64 in the same folder, so maybe it got installed to some default 32bit VST folder by mistake?

Filename is simply "Tangle64.dll".

(It does load fine in 64bit Windows 10, 64bit Ableton here)

I am getting pretty consistent freezes when pressing save then clicking too fast into the main interface to tweak (Windows 10 64bit with Live 9.6.2 32bit ).

Otherwise, pretty amazing synth.
Really happy with it, I had a hole with FM synthesis in my arsenal, Tangle will fill it.

Didn't have much success applying Sytrus tutorials with it, but got close with Operator ones.

Also, the waveform browser thumbnails are much more useful than I anticipated, makes it so much easier to browse waveforms, I think Tangle may become my choice with some wavetable synthesis as well.
Would be cool if it could resize the waveform browser popup to see more thumbnails at the same time.

ThomasHelzle wrote:
H-man wrote:Anyone like the idea of a small tab on the side of the modules to act as a grab handle for shuffling things around? Maybe I'm not as good a shot as I used to be but I find it a little tricky, especially when zoomed out.
I also asked for that and learned that one can click between the connectors for more grabbing space.
But I think a kind of title bar would be helpful anyway, since some nodes are hard to recognise.
Tom already said that he will look into it.

Cheers,

Tom
+1... Module 'title-bar', on a tab, would be really handy/helpful. :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Any news?

That's what i was wondering yesterday : you beat me to it :)

Lejurai wrote:Any news?
I wish they were. I wanted to download it again in order to install it on my new PC but it seems that he doesn't even read the support mails. My download link expired and I asked him for another one. I hope it's because he is working on this, or he's relaxing in order to be more productive soon :hihi: :hihi: :wink: :D

sinkmusic wrote:That's what i was wondering yesterday : you beat me to it :)
You that waveshaper guy? Like your work :tu:

Lejurai wrote:
sinkmusic wrote:That's what i was wondering yesterday : you beat me to it :)
You that waveshaper guy? Like your work :tu:
Thank you :love:

It's a pretty nice synth with fairly good sound quality.

It puts folders in Appdata\Roaming and ProgramData but offers no uninstaller that I can find though - not very impressed by that.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

It is kind of funny how we haven't heard anything from him. I hope nothing happened to him.

Dasheesh wrote:It is kind of funny how we haven't heard anything from him. I hope nothing happened to him.
Users of his older synth, The Mangle, will know that radio silence kind of comes as standard with this developer. Still, at the ultra low prices he charges I have no complaints. You gets what you pays for. I'd happily buy both again even with the knowledge that support is rarely forthcoming.

Return to “Instruments”