New D16 Frontier CM Limiter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Frontier

I forget... I own several older physical CM magazines. Do I still have access to the full Vault and all the current offerings added to it since I bought the mags?

Love CM by the way.

Nope. Gotta buy the latest issue to be able to access the latest content. Wouldn't make sense otherwise to offer new content then, right? :)

chk071 wrote:Nope. Gotta buy the latest issue to be able to access the latest content. Wouldn't make sense otherwise to offer new content then, right? :)
I was just trying to get my head around the back-end of it... so each issue allows access only to a customised/limited version of the Vault, specific to that single magazine issue? Interesting complexity but it does make the best sense.

Not quite. There is new magware which gets added to the CM studio plugins, which is a selection of plugins which became magware for CM. So, basically, if the last 3 issues offered magware XY CM, AB CM, and 123 CM, then those might, or probably got added to the CM studio plugins, so, if you buy the latest issue, you have all 3 of those in the CM studio plugins. Some plugins only show up on one issue, like Cakwalk Z3TA or Rapture, and even when you reorder that issue after some months, you might end up with a plugin you want to activate, but Cakewalk has no more serials. Didn't happen here though after i reordered the issue which had Rapture in the content. Anyway, plugins with "CM" behind the name usually end up in the CM plugin suite. So if you buy the latest version, you have all those plugins from older issues in the vault with the CM studio plugins. Some CM plugins don't end up in the plugin suite though i believe. Not sure what's the pattern there.

d16 Frontier is also included on the latest issue (no 129) of Beat Mag

The issue also comes with FAST Fet compressor. What dev is that, can't get any hits for it in google?

Good find :tu: That looks like the small image on the Beat cover

If it is full version, valued at $149, not bad :o

Seems to be some kind of derivative of Nebula Pro (as it is powered by that, stated on GUI)

I reckon to an "LE" addition on the Mag, but can't say for sure... Anyways, the price tag left me a bit skeptical in that it's "only" Windows VST, so no cross-platform. I don't think I know many plugins which are Windows/VST only and are so relatively high priced. But maybe it's worth it...

Sim.Sky wrote:I reckon to an "LE" addition on the Mag, but can't say for sure...
No, I just ordered the codes from serial center, and it is stated as:

=== Fast FET Compressor ===

Can't see no LE or Beat version stated

It's a Nebula-powered plugin, so like the recent freebies from Acustica it's more like a skinned Nebula "player" with one preset included.

Michael's plugins are quite old now which I think explains the Windows-only thing. However, I was able to get his freebie Windows-only ones working on OS X by repacking a copy of the Acqua plugin with the Nebula files. This didn't work with the R2R tape one as despite being free that needs a keyfile.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote:Michael's plugins are quite old now which I think explains the Windows-only thing.
At least it is 64 bit :party:

It is Fast Fet Compressor LE. Got my mag yesterday.

TheKid wrote:It is Fast Fet Compressor LE
:(

And why is suddenly CD Sound Master the hottest thing in magware? :?

This month's Track Spark includes a LE version of their Monumental Drums:
http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-softw ... DRUMS.html

I can´t repeat it enough. I like that kind of gui(as Decimort 2)
More of these :pray:

Bring it to the Mac.

Return to “Effects”