[ANN] Repro-1

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please please please allow for modding of all of the effects parameters.......!

Pretty please.

brick wrote:Please please please allow for modding of all of the effects parameters.......!

Pretty please.
You mean like modulate them? hehehe... with what? :clown:

I did indeed mean modulating the effects :P

Maybe with LFOs / Envelopes / Velocity , the usual suspects . Even cooler if you could modulate via rectifiers/quantizers & lag processors.....Those modifiers really are amazing in Diva .

Imagine being able to sequence the overdrive or a phaser's rate/feedback , or doing BOC style sounds modulating the delay lines....velocity to reverb time etc . It would hugely expand the sound design potential . Thats assuming there will be delays/phasers/overdrive or even sequencer(s).

Well, I have thought of that a lot. Unfortunately, Repro is (as one would naturally expect) processing all the time. If, say, the LFO or any of the Direct/Wheel mod busses were available to modulate effects, and if those effects were thereby producing sound... there would easily be a situation where preset browsing was spectacularly noisy. I just ran into that... *sigh*

The conceptual difficulties of creating a slavish model of an analogue monosynth are amazing. We have to add a lot of "extra logic" in order to make this synth behave nicely inside a common DAW production environment. For instance we add a "press key or start host playback" scenario for presets that have the sequencer in the "play" position, or drone mode enabled.

We'll see... I think Velocity/AT might become assignable to fx parameters.

brick wrote:I did indeed mean modulating the effects :P

Maybe with LFOs / Envelopes / Velocity , the usual suspects . Even cooler if you could modulate via rectifiers/quantizers & lag processors.....Those modifiers really are amazing in Diva .

Imagine being able to sequence the overdrive or a phaser's rate/feedback , or doing BOC style sounds modulating the delay lines....velocity to reverb time etc . It would hugely expand the sound design potential . Thats assuming there will be delays/phasers/overdrive or even sequencer(s).
Those are all very cool features, but I don't think they would fit the concept of a straight emulation very well. Repro-1 is supposed to be as close as the original as possible after all.

It's easy to just add more and more features to a synth, but it isn't always an improvement.

Exploring a synth with a more traditional feature set and a much simpler structure can be just as rewarding as playing with a workhorse synth like Zebra, as the limited features will probably encourage you to do things you wouldn't do otherwise.

Thats a shame , but if thats the technical reality of it , thats that . Regardless , it'll be a must buy .

@NerdMcBoon

If features are well implemented and easy to use , and expand the sonic potential of a synth , Im all for it , even within the confines of an emulation thats supposed to be as close to the original as possible . Im not talking about a whole host of features that would turn it into a Synthmaster style synth . Just some small things that could make for a greater sonic diversity . For a synth with such great basic tone , if it was technically feasible , it would be something to behold . At least in my imagination .

Diva is an emulation of vintage analogues , but the addition of the rectify / quantize / lag / invert etc processors add a huge amount of diversity to the sound , that you could never do with a vintage analogue . I think it has the perfect "simple structure" / sound diversity balance .

brick wrote:it'll be a must buy.
...in year 2020, 9 years before Z3 release :cry:
Murderous duck!

Urs wrote: I just read https://www.attackmagazine.com/techniqu ... -uhe-diva/ which demos Diva through distortion in a good way...

- U
yes for sure it can be used well with Diva! Glad you liked the Attack example....it would be so great... 8)
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Thank you for your interesting and thorough research!
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

Urs , is there any chance of putting a 1 shot mode for the LFOs in RePro-1 ?

brick wrote:Urs , is there any chance of putting a 1 shot mode for the LFOs in RePro-1 ?
Yep, we found a mod that we might add.

Nice one :tu:

Urs, will the final version have the same extended pitch bend range as in other U-He synths? The Rise 25 has become my only MIDI keyboard, and those crazy glissandos are sure addictive ;)
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

nilhartman wrote:Urs, will the final version have the same extended pitch bend range as in other U-He synths? The Rise 25 has become my only MIDI keyboard, and those crazy glissandos are sure addictive ;)
I think we'll do +/- 24 in semitones and 36/48 as extra steps.

That's actually a very neat idea!

Return to “u-he”