Behringer Analog Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now its called 'phat 12' ?

AnX wrote:Now its called 'phat 12' ?
No, that is a prototype image, it will be called Deep Mind 12

As it is gonna have a wifi to connect with iPAD editor, it would good if there was some way to snap/hold the iPAD on the synth so that a user can have easy access to it while playing.
Last edited by Numanoid on Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:
AnX wrote:Now its called 'phat 12' ?
No, that is a prototype image, it will be called Deep Mind 12
Thank god

Thought I was going to collect the features for you on basis of the article but there are too much to report right now, so I gave up. Let us just say that it seemingly isn't called Deepmind for nothing. It is extensive. Hope they will compile a spec sheet in a near future.
As for the price; masturbate away but it doesn't associate to anything at the present market you'd call cheap. That I can say.

I am masturbating virgorously.

anything around the 1,500 mark would represent excellent value for money. around the 2k mark would still be reasonable.

Daags wrote:I am masturbating virgorously.

anything around the 1,500 mark would represent excellent value for money. around the 2k mark would still be reasonable.
My money is on £1299 RRP, £999 street
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:£999 street
For that kind of service !? :o :lol:

Im gonna say 2k.... minimum... :shrug:

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Daags wrote:I am masturbating virgorously.

My money is on £1299 RRP, £999 street

Ya, sounds about right... I mean, if they are aiming to be as financially accessible as possible. regardless of bang-for-buck, there's only so much money a man can spend... just ask the pussy whipped Incarnate :hihi:

on the other hand, this has flagship written all over it, and perhaps the really accessible stuff comes later ... anyway I'm glad they took a 'top down' approach, as opposed to korg's 'bottom up' re-venturing into the analog domain. Though I guess korg broke the ice, and showed that there's a mass market out there for a big, gnarly, growling 12 voice discrete analog synth.

My price guesses were in euros btw.

What's the keyboard to the left of the DeepMind in the Amazona video? It's got the same Juno-esque sliders. Possibly another prototype?

Well. No matter how extensive a synth is with regard to modulation options, which this synth indeed is, the sound and it's scope will depend on quality and amount of basic oscs.

So far it seems that we are talking about two dco with saw and pulzewidth adjustable square but with no subs. So no three octaved basses (yet). It does seem to have an additional noise osc though.

And this makes sense since it according to the article started as a Juno 106 clone project but then departed from this as more and more features were added. Thus we see a relative limited osc section but violently extended mod matrix and effect section.

For my needs that would actually make Mopho x 4 or Tetra more suitable to me with it's 2 dcos and 2 subs pr. voice. I need those bloody subs. Minilogue can make them too in it's mono mode and it rocks for bass sounds.

It also lower my price expectations a little, so maybe the masturbaters will get their satisfaction after all :P

dogzilla wrote:What's the keyboard to the left of the DeepMind in the Amazona video? It's got the same Juno-esque sliders. Possibly another prototype?
Good try :D

It seems that DCO2 is an expanded version of the Juno-106's sub oscillator.

Ah, Behringer. A name synonymous with quality.

masterhiggins wrote:Ah, Behringer. A name synonymous with quality.
Ah, Midas. A name synonymous with quality.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”