iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

You know that Iris2 is on sale for 49 bucks at audiodeluxe just this weekend...?
The average bored guy

yep - that's where I bought mine from.

I cannot find a listing of all the modulatable parameters - can the loop points and sample start /end be modulated? eg make the playing region jump around
Last edited by woggle on Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Resistance is futile :scared:

woggle wrote:I cannot find a listing of all the modulatable parameters - can the loop points and sample start /end be modulated? eg make the playing region jump around
Doesn't look like they can - here's a link to the manual:

http://help.izotope.com/docs/izotope-ir ... manual.pdf

it says: "Any knob or slider that has three small circles next to it is a Modulatable Knob or Slider These small circles are called Modulation Inputs "

which the loop points etc don't have

thanks OneOfManyPauls - I have Iris1 and wonder if Iris 2 gives me anything more in a practical sense other than an extra sample lane (which would be good but not really necessary). I could just load up two instances of Iris 1 for example

I read this review earlier:

http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/ ... s-2-618543

the way that's talking, there is more at play than just the 11gb of wav files included.

The sample and preset library weighs in at 11GB (v1's was 4GB) and includes a folder of classic synth waveforms, including the Arp Odyssey, Roland JD-800, Polymoog and Prophet T8, amongst others.
All of which is among my favourites, escape is impossible!

Numanoid wrote:
The sample and preset library weighs in at 11GB (v1's was 4GB) and includes a folder of classic synth waveforms, including the Arp Odyssey, Roland JD-800, Polymoog and Prophet T8, amongst others.
All of which is among my favourites, escape is impossible!
All of which was already available in Iris 1, if you had all the expansions. ;)
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

OneOfManyPauls wrote:the sample controls are working for me with "loop" enabled:

"offset" is the actual start point of playback within the sample, unless it is greater than "loop end", in which case it starts from "loop start"

"loop start" is where it returns to after it reaches "loop end" - there are little triangular marker above the sample that can be dragged to move those.

one thing to note is that the start/end/offset etc controls only affect the currently selected sample - not the other [up to] 3 samples in a patch.

Thank you, now I got it - what comes to the defining of the starting point.
But defining the sample end seems to be impossile if you are not in the "loop" mode.
If you switch off the loop mode, those little triangulars dissapear and the sample plays always to the end, no matter your end-settings.

This is a bit strange, I don't see any reason why the iZotope has made the sample end setting impossible (if you are not looping).
Such as sophisticated sampler/instrument and you cant define the end of the sample! :?:

I guess the logic is that you can modulate the master/sample gain to control the sample playback end point.

End of sample = end of spectral selection.

OneOfManyPauls wrote:I guess the logic is that you can modulate the master/sample gain to control the sample playback end point.
Well, yeah...but quite a complicated way to define the sample end.
This is not, of course, any deal breaker. Just wonder what the iZotope guys have had in their mind - I will ask them.

Sampleconstruct wrote:End of sample = end of spectral selection.
and this is not modulateable someone said - they implied none of the sample position stuff is open to modulation. I was hoping to skip the selection and loops around the waveform
?
Last edited by woggle on Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sampleconstruct wrote:End of sample = end of spectral selection.
I would keep the spectral selection tools in one hand, and the defining the sample start/end in the other hand, separated. These are two different type of settings.
The later is 'macro-setting', and the spectral selection is 'sound defining setting'.
But this just my logic - but used in many other sampler-instruments as well.

Return to “Instruments”