64 bit plugin scan: 32 bit results?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a very quick question - I've been using T5 and T6 32-bit versions in order to use legacy plugins, but am trying out the T7 demo as 64-bit. I've done a plugin scan, and it seems to return a list of what I thought were all 32-bit plugins, including my (very old) AUs from back in Logic 9.

What should I be seeing, and does T7 only return compatible results?

Cheers

Nathan
Mac Mini (late 2011, dual i5 2.3GHz/8GB 1333/OS X 10.9 Mavericks); Harrison Mixbus/Logic Express 9/Tracktion 6; Allen & Heath Zed R16 over FW

Nathan

I just upgraded to T7 64bit from T5 32bit, so beginning to see what works and what doesn't, but basically 32-bit VST's don't register (a warning which lists them is displayed after scanning VST folders etc). From looking at other postings here, it seems the choice is to go with all 64bit VSTs or to use J-bridge (about 15euros?) to make the 32-bit VSTs accessible.

Bill

Thanks Bill - maybe my old VSTs were 64-bit after all. I just assumed they were 32-bit as they were legacy from about 2009.
Mac Mini (late 2011, dual i5 2.3GHz/8GB 1333/OS X 10.9 Mavericks); Harrison Mixbus/Logic Express 9/Tracktion 6; Allen & Heath Zed R16 over FW

Are you sure they are the same file in the same folder being 32 and 64 bit or are they Au plugins because I just got my mac and it did sort of the same thing with my legacy plugins but only the Au versions of the plugins an not my vst versions. I don't know but I have seen from me uploading software this past week to my mac a few vst's that were the mac version was one download for both versions 32 & 64 bit. I could be wrong but it seems since Au plugins is its own format that it has a built in bridge from 32 to 64bit.

No idea what folder they're in, but they are all AU, yes. Tracktion picked up on the AU plugins that Apple bundled with Logic 9, so they were never VSTs to start with. Given that I was running the old Logic on OS X 10.6 onwards, at 32-bit, I assumed the AUs were also all 32-bit by default, but I don't know anything about the format, so maybe they do contain both.

Yea thats what it seems because I had the same thing happen with my waves platinum bundle plugins that came with my protools 8.

OK, good to know. :)

Return to “Tracktion”