T7 - phoning home?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On every start-up, what info is Tracktion 7 sending to, and receiving from, the Interwebz?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I think it checks for the version; and informs you if there's a newer one available.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

It's doing a version check.
Win11 (64-bit) | 2.6GHz Intel i7 9th Gen, 16GB RAM | UAD Volt 2 | Tracktion Waveform 12 Pro/Cockos Reaper 7/Ableton Live 11 Standard/Presonus Studio One 6.5 Pro | A multitude of paid-for and free VST plugs/samples

OK, thank you. It takes several seconds to start, including a greyed-out (and transparent) window and the Windows spinning wheel. It all looks unprofessional.

I could not see an option to turn it off (there is one for language updates though).
Last edited by DarkStar on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Not getting that. It's up in no time.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Same here: Tracktion is by far the fastest launching of all my (too many) DAWs, and I'm not seeing any pause while it phones home.
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Waveform 11 Pro/Studio One Pro 3.5

Not related to Tracktion: just be online if you want to be online. All the rest switch the network off.
horst

Return to “Tracktion”