importing & arranging many MIDI files

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I have some algorithmic music scripts that generate many MIDI files outside of MuLab. I'm looking for an easy way to import and arrange them as sequences in a new MuLab project. I notice that projects are binary files, so they are impossible (I think) for me to generate. Is there any format I can use that would accept a text file like this:

Track 01: t01_seq01.Mid, t01_seq02.Mid, t01_seq03.Mid, t01_seq04.Mid...

Track 02: t02_seq01.Mid, t02_seq02.Mid, t02_seq03.Mid, t02_seq04.Mid...

Thank you,
d.vyd

You could implement such structure using another MIDI file.

Right now, when I try to import a MIDI file with more than one track, MuLab asks what current track to add the material to and at what time. It doesn't seem to import multiple tracks and sequences within those tracks all at once. Can it? Can you post or link to a MIDI file that has tracks and sequences for me to study?

Thank you.

Importing multi-track MIDI files works fine here ie each MIDI track is put on a new track.

Yes. I see that now. Thank you. There was a problem with the MIDI files I was initially using.

Each track is loaded as a single sequence. If I export a MuLab project with 1 track and 2 sequences, the notes are saved but not where the sequences (containers) begin and end. Is there any way to import and export sequences (not just their notes)? I'm not sure if MIDI even defines such an object.

Return to “MUTOOLS”