Formation hybrid synthrompler for Kontakt

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MAIN FEATURES:
• Over 250 unique Kontakt nki files
• GUI With Easy Controls & Fully Automated Midi Controllers
• 2.5Gb of 24bit compressed Kontakt .ncw format Samples
• Eight Fully Equipped Fx Sends
• Two Channels per instrument.
• Formant Controls for channel 2
• Unison Mode
• Amp and Pitch LFOs
• Envelope and Gate Controls
• Amazing Modulation Options
• Eight Note Arpeggiator with ability to control multiple Functions

http://www.zero-g.co.uk/store/formation-p555.php

Could not resist but after using for a few dayse and having discussed my problems with Time and space support (very nice by the way) I have to comment on two things, both dealing with the ARP, description is:
- state-of-art fully equipped arpeggiator
- Finally there is the ARP. Like no other arpeggiator around, the Formation ARP is powerful, original and quickly creates unique and compelling patterns like no other product

I can agree with
Like no other arpeggiator around
cause I dont know any arp in any kontakt library I have or know that dont saves the on/off state with the song but turns it OFF any time you close the song :dog: .

Time and space asked the develloper and he says its not a bug but a decision they make to prevent from arp turned on incidentally and for this reason possible playback issues when starting the library...... :roll:

For me it is a very lonely decision. On the other hand it will naturally restrict the number of kontakt instances you use cause you have to turn the arp on in evry instance evry time you load the song..........sorry but for me thats just :dog:

Other problem dealing with the arp is a huge increase of cpu when just turning on. No matter of using the inbuild patterns or random ones, no matter which sound you use. In the "manual" (which is more a flyer then really a manual by the way) they talked about potential problems with using unison but thats nothing compared to the increase when using the arp (which they did not mention) as far as I tried out.

There are other small hints that gave me the opinion that they just throwed it out without really finishing (250 instruments and NO categories...).

Thats a pity, cause the idea behind it is great, the sounds are nice, the idea of the arp is great, but.....

So be warned or informed :hihi:

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”