Roland Jupiter-8 for a ridiculous price

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sfd wrote:Ah, you mean that if I want a michelin star meal I don't have a choice?
There are people who can only afford £1 burgers so they only buy £1 burgers.
There are people who can afford £500 Michelin Star meals so only buy Michelin Star meals
There are people who can afford £500 Michelin Star meals who think these are a waste of money and buy £1 hamburgers.

In the same way that:

There are people who can only afford VST's so they only buy VST's.
There are people who can afford modular Moogs so only buy modular Moogs.
There are people who can afford modular Moogs who think these are a waste of money and buy VSTs.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Acid Mitch wrote:There were only around 2000 Jupiter 8's made so demand is quite high compared to the supply.
Plus they werent exactly cheap in the first place. £3995 in 1981. That's the equivalent of £15,500 today.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Mushy Mushy wrote:
sfd wrote:Ah, you mean that if I want a michelin star meal I don't have a choice?
There are people who can afford £500 Michelin Star meals so only buy Michelin Star meals
There are people who can afford £500 Michelin Star meals who think these are a waste of money and buy £1 hamburgers.

In the same way that:

There are people who can afford modular Moogs who think these are a waste of money and buy VSTs.
Exactly what I said earlier. What you are willing (or can afford) to pay isn't necessarily the same as what you might think it's worth.

sfd wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:

In the same way that:

Exactly what I said earlier. What you are willing (or can afford) to pay isn't necessarily the same as what you might think it's worth.
And I repeat what I said earlier, to the purchaser it is.

Mate, we're going in circles. Can we call it a draw please and move on ;)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:
sfd wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:

In the same way that:

And I repeat what I said earlier, to the purchaser it is.

Mate, we're going in circles. Can we call it a draw please and move on ;)
Call it a draw :-)

whyterabbyt wrote:
Acid Mitch wrote:There were only around 2000 Jupiter 8's made so demand is quite high compared to the supply.
Plus they werent exactly cheap in the first place. £3995 in 1981. That's the equivalent of £15,500 today.
Not to mention:

$20,427.10

You can get an MKS-80 for under 2k. If you just want the sound, its a much cheaper option.

Its not a bad investment, it will probably become more valuable as time goes on.

Isn't the mks80 closer to the Jupiter 6 than Jupiter 8 ?
If you just want the sound there isn't really an alternative.
** puts on flamesuit as half of kvr yells "diva or arturia " ** , :lol:

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

ontol wrote:Have to admit never heard of Michelin Stars before.

For me, Michelin is this guy:

He has obviously seen his fair share of fine dining.

Yeah. So what were we talking about again?
I think it was a reference to the Michelin Guide

sfd wrote:A guy in Sweden sells a Roland Jupiter 8 for... € 7.900 ( $ 8.950 ) !
Seems to be available still?:
Dags att sälja min Roland Jupiter-8 som jag ägt sedan 1995. Endast använd i studio av mig inkl Kenton MIDI samt Holmberg flight case. I mycket fint och fungerande skick.

Endast seriösa, inget prut. Bilder kan skickas vid intresse. Skickas ej. Eposta så ringer jag.
S/he aint shipping the item, the "lucky" buyer must pick it up at the sellers place, so mostly of interest to those in the Sthlm area then I guess.

Added bonus is that it has been midi retro-fitted (Kenton) and that a flight case is included.

Numanoid wrote:
sfd wrote:A guy in Sweden sells a Roland Jupiter 8 for... € 7.900 ( $ 8.950 ) !
Seems to be available still?:
Dags att sälja min Roland Jupiter-8 som jag ägt sedan 1995. Endast använd i studio av mig inkl Kenton MIDI samt Holmberg flight case. I mycket fint och fungerande skick.

Endast seriösa, inget prut. Bilder kan skickas vid intresse. Skickas ej. Eposta så ringer jag.
S/he aint shipping the item, the "lucky" buyer must pick it up at the sellers place, so mostly of interest to those in the Sthlm area then I guess.

Added bonus is that it has been midi retro-fitted (Kenton) and that a flight case is included.
Didn't know you where so clever in Swedish :-)

sfd wrote:Didn't know you where so clever in Swedish :-)
I know my way around Södermalm :wink:

Mushy Mushy wrote:

In the same way that:

Well said. :tu:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”