Is Cakewalk going out of business?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vintagevibe wrote:Well they sent me an offer of lifetime upgrades for $99. When I follow the link it says $199. If I don't talk to customer support before Aug 31 I loose the deal...
Make sure you're logged into your CW account. At the Deals page, click the Buy Now button for the Sonar-Lifetime Updates. The next page shows your shopping cart and the sales price that you're eligible for. (For example, mine says $499 on the Deals page, then once added to the cart, on the next page it shows as $99).

I moved to Cubase after the X2 debacle and have never looked back (although SO3 ix now a serious contender IMHO). Sonar was - and still is - miles behind the competition. I do see positive signs in their new development model but they keep fannying around with superfluous features e.g. prioritising THEMES over quantise audio. In Cubase - set your quantise and hit Q. In Sonar you have Audio Snap. Good luck with that. There are dozens of examples where Sonar fundamentally falls short. I'll renew when I see effort being put into core features.

flugel45 wrote:
vintagevibe wrote:Well they sent me an offer of lifetime upgrades for $99. When I follow the link it says $199. If I don't talk to customer support before Aug 31 I loose the deal...
Make sure you're logged into your CW account. At the Deals page, click the Buy Now button for the Sonar-Lifetime Updates. The next page shows your shopping cart and the sales price that you're eligible for. (For example, mine says $499 on the Deals page, then once added to the cart, on the next page it shows as $99).

I am logged in and it stays $199 to the credit card info page.

Well, now we know why it was "lifetime free updates" :hihi:

vintagevibe wrote:They have no tech support. People, including myself, have been waiting for months with no reply. I've tried to call their main number for a customer service issue for two days now and all I get is a recording that says "All Circuits are busy." They cannot be contacted by any means. This looks bad.
It's high time for a walk on the real side
Let's admit the bastards beat us
I move to dissolve the corporation
In a pool of margaritas
So let's switch off all the lights
And light up all the Luckies
Crankin' up the afterglow
'Cause we're goin' out of business
Everything must go

tip o' the hat to mssrs fagen and becker

vintagevibe wrote:
You only qualify for the $99 deal if you already renewed Sonar Plat for the year and paid for the whole year. (That's the key thing that matters here: You paid for the year upfront....IOW, paying month to month doesn't qualify).

Explained in this thread:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Confused-on-t ... 30941.aspx

If you don't qualify for the $99 deal, the cheapest I've seen it elsewhere is at Audiodeluxe. Their price (in the shopping cart) is $168.99. (That's the U.S. advertised price; I can't say for sure for international buyers. If that's you, I'd contact them first to verify).

chk071 wrote:Isn't that basically how it always has been?
Yes, but not quite this bad.
incubus wrote:Well, now we know why it was "lifetime free updates" :hihi:
Yes, because you will need a lifetime to get any support should you have a problem.

They started off saying that the issue was caused by the great influx of new users due to the 'Lifetime Updates' deal, and the Gibson Sock Puppet kept on repeating that Ad nauseam, the only thing wrong with that excuse is that this latest round of support woes preexisted the Lifetime Updates deal, which is easily verified simply by checking threads and dates, that's the first 'WTF, something is up in Boston', the 2nd 'WTF, something is up in Boston' is one of the Cakewalk dudes recently made a post saying that the issue was caused by a mass quitting of the support staff, and the influx of new users didn't help the matter, so the story changes as time goes on, no mention of the support staff quitting earlier on, I also doubt that the 'massive influx' of new users is quite as big as they are making out, but you never know, a company is a company is a company, they are all the same and will only tell you what they want you to hear, and have no problems telling you a blank faced lie or completely sidestepping an issue or question if it is in their best interest. But don't let the Cakewalk forum members hear that, they think that Cakewalk was a gift from God, descending from the heavens, as pure as the driven snow, talk about living in wonderland and seeing everything through rose colored glasses :roll:
Say NO to CLAP!

Maybe Trump has bought Cakewalk and 'fired' all the support staff :hihi:

Cakewalk is now part of Muse Research

;)
Don't Tech No for an Answer

Not interested about what support issues with not knowing how to use and configure the Platinum DAW. Just need authorisation to be credited to my account to install on my machine and let me do some work.

The fundamental purpose of business, sales and support process is ensuring deliver and proper function of a product. I have nothing to work on because it isn't in my account and support is not answering me with a resolution. If they can't do that right, it's a red flag for a serious problem.

Cleverbridge their payment processing gateway for the online store, just forwarded my support request to Cakewalk also because they don't manage my Cakewalk Store account.

I have Cubase, Studio One and Ableton on my machine. but need to pull up my old projects and receive projects from other people saved as Cakewalk bundle project files.

It just takes five minutes to look up payment received and just electronically credit my account. If they processed 10 cases per hour, a single staff would be able to clear 70 to 80 cases of registration code non delivery to store accounts.
It don't mean a thing IIAGTS :D

Maybe they forgot the fist part: "end of" part before the "lifetime free updates" :smack:
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Their support seems to be long winded. On two occasions I have had to contact their support it took them more than a week to get back to me. First time was when they moved to new website and like many others not all my licenses were transferred over. I think it took them about two weeks to reply but they did fix it. On the second time I encountered the annoying ZTA+2 demo bug even with the latest version that was supposed to have fixed it. I think it took them again about two weeks to get back at me with a pointless "do you still have the problem?" reply. Obviously I had fixed it already myself by that time. But they were nice enough to give me a discount coupon to their webstore in the same e-mail. :roll:
No signature here!

emcee wrote:Cakewalk is now part of Muse Research

;)
Are you serious? Or is it just a joke?

flugel45 wrote:
vintagevibe wrote:
You only qualify for the $99 deal if you already renewed Sonar Plat for the year and paid for the whole year. (That's the key thing that matters here: You paid for the year upfront....IOW, paying month to month doesn't qualify).

Explained in this thread:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Confused-on-t ... 30941.aspx

If you don't qualify for the $99 deal, the cheapest I've seen it elsewhere is at Audiodeluxe. Their price (in the shopping cart) is $168.99. (That's the U.S. advertised price; I can't say for sure for international buyers. If that's you, I'd contact them first to verify).
I don't pay monthly and Cakewalk sent me an offer for $99. I qualify for $99.

Why do you keep updating Sonar when all you have ever done is moan about it?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”