FL studio recording

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does ableton live handle rendering midi to audio and loop recording so much easier than FL?
Last edited by xtreme sounds on Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i might be wrong about this ( i have yet to check it out myself) but i think they are releasing ( or about to release) an update dealing specifically with this topic... 12.3.1 i believe...
(and yes, i believe ableton does it better)...

They did and it is still not 1 click or anything...a real pain.

It's not one click. But I can finally do it with a few.

It's been some time since I used live but it was full of things that drove me crazy when I did. But, like FL, at least it was stable (unlike some others)

incubus wrote:It's not one click. But I can finally do it with a few.

It's been some time since I used live but it was full of things that drove me crazy when I did. But, like FL, at least it was stable (unlike some others)
How can it be one-click? You need to...

1. Specify a loop-range
2. Arm an input for recording
3. Start recording

Is this really an impediment to creative workflow? ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSppr6sPc4E
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Image-Line wrote:

1. Specify a loop-range
3. Start recording

Yes it is an impediment. Sorry but in your explanation it is not one click if you have do 3 steps. (There is actually more steps than that if it starts grabbing midi patterns as well as rerecording all of the audio combined etc.) If someone wants to take the time to hold my hand through the process so that I can use this properly. That would be great.)

What I envision is this.

1. select loop area in playlist
2. select instrument to be recorded
3. hit record - it records that audio playing through 1x only
4. audio is added to playlist quantized and perfect
5. no midi pattern should ever appear and it should never recapture all the audio playing back. I should never have to arm a mixer track or select an audio input on a specific mixer track. All that should be managed behind the scenes. I should never have to fidget with edison (If I choose not to).

I might add all audio files should be scrubbed so that they dont remain forever and ever in a secret folder.

If IL spends time perfecting their software to make it as easy to use as possible, I will recommend it.

I could be wrong but I never got the impression that "one click" was specifically referring to loop recording. Next you'll be expecting the DAW to wipe your ass for you.

Karma_tba wrote:I could be wrong but I never got the impression that "one click" was specifically referring to loop recording. Next you'll be expecting the DAW to wipe your ass for you.
I do expect it to be relatively simple to get the job done.

I finally got it! Whew
Last edited by xtreme sounds on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image-Line wrote:

1. Specify a loop-range
3. Start recording

Scott do you have a video on how to do punch in recording for audio? Loop recording is not a problem in FL but tbh I give up trying to figure out how to punch.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:Scott do you have a video on how to do punch in recording for audio? Loop recording is not a problem in FL but tbh I give up trying to figure out how to punch.
There is no 'punch-in' per se, You just replace the section with the new recording...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kThqZjgf2BA
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Image-Line wrote:
Hink wrote:Scott do you have a video on how to do punch in recording for audio? Loop recording is not a problem in FL but tbh I give up trying to figure out how to punch.
There is no 'punch-in' per se, You just replace the section with the new recording...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kThqZjgf2BA
thank you because I could not find punch in, is there a chance this will come in the future. That's a lot of steps and basically a rudimentary track comping*, placing a couple punch in/out markers can be done with keystrokes in samp and you can set multiple in/out (multiple in/out is something I like in theory more than I actually use). I use auto-punch on my first take and every take, I use loop recording all the time, by using auto-punch I'm not recording noise over the section I give at the beginning for pre-roll. Often I will have different recordings on different tracks starting at different places in the song (nothing new there ) but by using this method I dont have to go back and clean things up to preview my recording. I did this same thing with AA back when I still used that and honestly one thing that is for me a must have for me, but again that's just according to my chosen work flow.

* FWIW I'm not big on comping and samp's comping is a bit tedious and still needs work.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:is there a chance this will come in the future
FL Studio 13 is going to completely overhaul the playlist WRT comping and audio handling. I can't guarantee any specifics at the moment but comping and punch-in/out is all being worked on.

Regards Scott

Image-Line wrote:
Hink wrote:is there a chance this will come in the future
FL Studio 13 is going to completely overhaul the playlist WRT comping and audio handling. I can't guarantee any specifics at the moment but comping and punch-in/out is all being worked on.

Regards Scott
:tu:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”